Note to New Members ×

carving video version 2

caspercarver

I remember being at Jackson Hole in '95 with my brand new asym Burton Alp. I didn't know how to set it up or how to ride it, but I eventually found my way to Casper and started making progress. At one point, I rode the chair with a guy who claimed to be a member of the Casper Carvers. I'm guessing you belonged to that group too.

your right the board is a rossi shannon m. 173. see photo. i have been carving turns ar jh ski resort since 1989 and if i am lucky i see one or two hardbooters a year. around here hardpack is bad word, but ever since i learned to carve thats all i think about. caspercarver is the nickname i was given by the lifties because i always ride the casper chairlift. "liftline" and "easy does it" are the best groomers on the mountain for carving turns which are served by the casper chair.

post-3662-141842229668_thumb.jpg

let me know if you come to jh. , i work nights so i can go board pretty much whenever. it has been snowing here everyday for the past week so groomers are pretty soft not exactly ideal conditions for carving. my stance is 60 degrees on both feet and width is as narrow as possible. groomers here are fairly steep so speed is never a problem, my favorite board is 160 cm f2 which i can make as many turns as possible between point a and b. i also custom made my bindings, very unconventional i know but very comfortable to stand.

post-3662-141842229677_thumb.jpg

post-3662-141842229679_thumb.jpg