Note to New Members ×

Broken

Buell

Those 2 fatties look like Catek cant screws. Good to know there will someone on the hill with spares. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn impressive pics!! Hope you're healing well champ....

BTW I've never seen a break like that before.... Looks painful just looking at it!!

Just wondering... about the new hardware... are they going to stay in or would they take them out a year or two down the track.....

The reason why I ask is I had a bunch of hardware in my shoulder and I asked for it all to be removed 18 months after surgery.. couldn't handle the big lump sticking out of the shoulder from the plate... and the fact one of the screws started to back out (Only by half a turn) and being a BMX'er I didn't wanna break it again with the plate still there... major badness....!

Still it healed perfectly... modern medicine is brilliant these days.....

Thanks for posting the pics!!:biggthump

BTW I've never seen a break like that before....

That's what my doctors and PT people say! :smashfrea It is a rare fracture. I figure I have one hell of a tibial plateau, since that is what usually breaks in my situation.

My surgeon in Utah said that the screws will stay in. I am going to ask my doctor in Oregon the same question on Thursday. Ask two people, get two answers.

I figured you'd like those images Blackbird. ;)

Most Ortho Surgeons will tell you that if you put hardware in, expect that it might have to come back out. They had to pull the Steffy plates out of my wife's back 6 months after putting them in. Screws do come loose. Bone density has alot to do with it.

• 6 months later...

Whew, got 'em!!! The 4 long (1 1/2" to 2 1/2") hollow titanium screws in the X-ray are these same screws on my table! Sooooo nice to have them out. I still have the 2 ACL repair screws.

A couple of months ago I hit a wall on my rehab. I thought I had damaged something so I went to visit my surgeon. He told me that my screw heads were catching on my IT band and they should come out when I was ready. It wasn't too bad, so I scheduled surgery on October 12 since I wanted to get some more surfing in this fall before the operation and rehab.

The last two weeks were pretty rough, with the last week being the worst. It had become quite unpleasant to walk. Apparently, one of the screws had backed out 5 millimeters! :eek: Since the screws are on the outside of the bottom of my femur (the knee), my soft tissue would brush across the head whenever I moved my knee.

Now, it is time to be excited about the upcoming snow season!!!! :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

post-2671-14184223633_thumb.jpg

post-2671-141842236333_thumb.jpg