Note to New Members ×

wawa wednesdays

willywhit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year, i bought my pass for this season right in time for my spring break in the first week of march. They give you the rest of the season free and its like $270 or something. A bit pricey but worth it if u make it there 15+ days a year. Good deal but I don't know if i'll have time to go enough next year so I wont be renewing it.

edit: thats only with the silver pass.

I did the weekend/holiday pass this year for $369. Given the rates on weekends and when my daughters on school break, its only a short time before it paid for itself. I've been every weekend since Christmas and throughout her breaks, so I'm long past the $369 had I paid regular weekend/holiday rates.

There is a group that you can either start yourself or become part of if you know someone who leads it, called the GPS Club (stands for greatest possible savings). If you purchase the pass as part of a club, you can get a bronze century pass for as little as $189 if purchased by mid October-ish. The minimum is 5 purchasers to get the discount. As the leader of the group, if you get 10 people to purchase passes, you get yours for free in addition to some coupons and vouchers. You can also purchase all the other passes at large discounts. I'd had a GPS group for the past 3 years, and haven't bought a pass :D

If you go to Wachusett's website, you'll see GPS on there, so you can read more about it. I thought you all would know about the group, but next year when I am looking for people to buy passes, I'll have to post here!

Angie

Anybody heading up this Wednesday 2/21/07 - It would be my first time back in a few years...looking for some tips on handling my new Madd - John G.

I'd hate to think I have the wrong guy here, BUT, anyone who signs off as John G. and talks up Madd snowboards doesn't need any tips from the likes of me... Would be great to see you riding again though.. How about some midweek days up at Stratton, where 58's rule the land...

There is a group that you can either start yourself or become part of if you know someone who leads it, called the GPS Club (stands for greatest possible savings). If you purchase the pass as part of a club, you can get a bronze century pass for as little as $189 if purchased by mid October-ish. The minimum is 5 purchasers to get the discount. As the leader of the group, if you get 10 people to purchase passes, you get yours for free in addition to some coupons and vouchers. You can also purchase all the other passes at large discounts. I'd had a GPS group for the past 3 years, and haven't bought a pass :D

If you go to Wachusett's website, you'll see GPS on there, so you can read more about it. I thought you all would know about the group, but next year when I am looking for people to buy passes, I'll have to post here!

Angie

Thanks!

I'll talk to some friends about that.. get a group together at URI and carpool too!

if I dont get a group large enough, i'll be looking to you in a while!

Hi Paulk,

I believe you have me confused with another person who also signs on as JG...I am a novice compared to most riders who post here. I haven't rode Wachusett for the past two years due to negative experiences with straightliners in the past. I had the century pass for the three seasons where I got to ride with a few folks from this forum. So last Wednesday was my first Wednesday in a two years...I'm always looking for positive and negative feedback. Unfortunately I was the only hardbooter that evening...but I had a nice night...great conditions.

Have a good one! John G.

there was no attachment (that I could see). i looked at ward hills events and there was nothing setup for the 27th.. if there isn't anything going on i will be at wawa my daughter is on the race team and i will drive her over and ride as she runs gates.. my kids are getting older and now i have time to devote to my passions--one being carving which at some point i would like to try my hand at running gates..

this past week i was at sugarloaf and spent time with erik bleckman (not sure of his last name) but fleck said he is the man when it comes to riding (he was right) he is so far the most informed regarding alpine riding and can teach the technique indepth that i have met..

if there are gates to run i would love to do it if not i will be riding at wawa..

Are you Ed Griffin? If so, nice meeting you this weekend. If not, hopefully we'll get a chance to meet.

Here's the post I mentioned and failed to copy. I found this in the regional posts, and it seems that pretty regular. I've been trying to get there, but haven't yet made it. I'm hoping it'll be going on frequently enough that I can attend a few. Otherwise, I might see you up at Wachusett tomorrow or some other night.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=14610

yes its me..same here..

i plan on being at wawa tonight if you or anyone can make it see you all there..

what is the best way of trying out boards as well as boots???

its not like skis where a demo van shows up..i would love to feel what other boards have to offer..

what do you do for powder?? do you switch to a softy??

yes its me..same here..

i plan on being at wawa tonight if you or anyone can make it see you all there..

what is the best way of trying out boards as well as boots???

its not like skis where a demo van shows up..i would love to feel what other boards have to offer..

what do you do for powder?? do you switch to a softy??

I'll see if I can make it up tonight. Its hard on weeknights since I work out of Boston and don't get home until 7pm or so. I'll try and if not, hopefully I'll see you on a weekend.

Not sure about trying other equipment out. It would be nice if there were demos available.

I'm headed out to the "big hill" tonight; did anyone go last night? I"m wondering what kind of soup and/or ice I'm goign to run into....I need to ease back into this east coast ice thing after being on Hero snow in Aspen! :freak3:

Hope to see some of you tonight!

Ang

• 3 months later...
There is a group that you can either start yourself or become part of if you know someone who leads it.................................I thought you all would know about the group, but next year when I am looking for people to buy passes, I'll have to post here!

Angie

I know I am bringing back an old one but......... I would like to join a group if you know of one. I will be spending alot of time on the hills around Mass this next season. This will be my first year at alpine boarding. I have been soft booting it for the past 17 or so years and I am definetly looking foward to meeting and boarding with you all that live in the area.

Yeah that's what you want, and I have GPS group so we can get them for cheap. You just need to buy before October...I'll shoot you a message when the time comes to order as part of the group (I need to make sure I remembered to set it up again this year!)

Have a fun and safe cross country drive!

Angie