Note to New Members ×

Wanted: Boots, 26-26.5, new rider

shredliner

Well criminy.

I measured my foot (at work) and came up at about 26.5cm's. But, it sounds like maybe I did it wrong, cause I definitely wear 8's for shoes.

Hmmm, maybe I'll stop by a ski-shop tonight to try on some ski boots, see what size seems right?

That should give me an indication, right?

Thx!

Rule one of the foot alway get a boot that feels like its just a half size to small, once it packs out it will be perfect.

Second rule of the foot NEver use the insole that comes with the boot. Get a surefoot or a custom foot bed. it will cup the ankle and giving you better postion in your boot and less ankle lift. the soles they use are design to fit everybody, not for preformance.

Third rule of the foot. Heat the boot at a shop, wear for 15 minutes after heated, then 3 1 hours blocks in the boots to get rid of first day cramps.

4th rule of the foot and most important.

if you are clamping down more and more and getting cold toes? put a bottom lift in under the liner, if you clamp down to far, the main art goes down the top of the foot will be block causing tingling and lack of blood movement. Thus a cramp you will get or if you a tough guy numb feet.

also see rule #1 to avoid this

5th rule a good boot fitter knows that half sizes are really the liners and insoles not the boot. You will notice the 25 and the 25.5 are exactly the same size. thus see rule #2

Happy feet = happy rider. sorry for the :barf:

for what it worth. Simon at the auroa colorado ski and golf

Very good advice, thanks!

Clarification question:

"get a boot that feels like its just a half size to big"

Too big?

Maybe I'm confused as to what "pack out" means. Pack out seems to imply, the boot will stretch, which would make me think, I should get a half size too small.

So, if you could clarify, that would help.

Thanks again!

Ok, so I double checked my foot measurement.

It's definitely just a shade over 26cm.

According to that chart, I should be in a 26 then, right?

Do you have flat feet - even a little bit?

If so, stand so that your arch is in the same position it will be when on a decent footbed, and in the boot... and you will find your measurement shrinks. You'll probably need someone else to do the tracing or measursing, because if you bend down to do it yourself, your foot flattens.

Very good advice, thanks!

Clarification question:

"get a boot that feels like its just a half size to big"

Too big?

Maybe I'm confused as to what "pack out" means. Pack out seems to imply, the boot will stretch, which would make me think, I should get a half size too small.

So, if you could clarify, that would help.

Thanks again!

opps my bad correction has been made. half size to small.