Note to New Members ×

after the board, the boots cracked....

brice540iit

Well, just a little note for you guys.

I was reading different threads about Burton boots prone to crack.

I still bought a pair of Reactor (at a very good price) anyway.

Well.....after my Burton board last week who cracked (Ultra prime 169), this week-end was the turn of my Burton Reactor boots to crack....(shell)

So to all of you guys who are reading this board for reviews of different gears....most of what's been said is true. So stay away from "fragile" equipment.

Well, just a little note for you guys.

I was reading different threads about Burton boots prone to crack.

I still bought a pair of Reactor (at a very good price) anyway.

Well.....after my Burton board last week who cracked (Ultra prime 169), this week-end was the turn of my Burton Reactor boots to crack....(shell)

So to all of you guys who are reading this board for reviews of different gears....most of what's been said is true. So stay away from "fragile" equipment.

Where abouts on the shell did they crack??

Do you have to crank you bindings shut with more than one hand??

How many days do ya think they had on them??

I have 2 pairs of Furnaces and they are tough and stiff as nails!!

Never heard of them cracking....:eek:

My two cents on Burton

I have a bunch of factory primes and some speeds, they have proven to be as durable as any other boards I have, nothing bad to say other than three hole binding pattern, ( Burton freeride decks another story, I am not impressed)

Burton Hard boots , I have had bad luck with, not a durable boot at all, I have had one set of old winds with white shell and blue cuff crack between buckles two and three, then a set of newer gen winds ( the translucent blue) crack in the same place between buckles 2/3.

Raichle/deeluxe shells seem to last forever ( the parts on them are definitly finite ie ankle pivots, buckles, heel and toe pads )

Dave*

I had FP, UP, SPEED, R17 and I still have Speed 168. I think they are durable as you can get. Never had a single problem with the boards. I guess I'm a pretty heavy user as I snapped Rossi and Prior in half.

Also I had Burton Wind which lasted good 4seasons. I liked their overall design but they should've done something about their plastic material. Other than that no issues.

I think your board was very old since Burton UP endup with size 168 from 99~00 season.

I've broken everything burton I've owned. UPs, race plates, and Fire boots.

no more Burton for me. warranty didn't get me anywhere

no problems with Coiler and TD2s. did break some Raichles but warranty was good for some Suzukas

I think we all know that Coiler is indestructable.... :biggthump

A cracked shell dosen't mean it is the end of your boots. If that were the case most people I know would go through a handfull per year. Burtons tend to get a spiral crack on the inside of the boot near the toe, they are also prone to crack on the tongue. If the crack is small take a small drill and drill at the end of the crack. This will stop, or at least prolong it, from cracking further. If the crack is the one I'm talking about near the toe. Take a link from a bike chain and attach it to the boot using it as kind of a band-aid.

Burton made a good boot, but this problem was so common and could be fixed very easily if they just adjusted the buckle configuration.

20 buck says it's your rear boot and you ride angles over 55 degrees.

The Burton boots that I am riding right now have cracked tongue on back foot. Also cracked toe. Drilled both and both continued cracking but have since stopped. ( right foot Phil, regular footed and I ride angles varying from 35 on my "freestyle" board which is a Canyon 173 to 65-68 on my Burners).

Broken plenty of Burton bails, a couple of base plates, but I like the flex of Burton binders.

Had maybe 12 or Burton boards and only put them down due to rock contact. And we are not talking hitting a loose rock, but dropping 10 feet and hitting solid cliff = 4 inches of edge gone. That kind of thing.

Also brice540iit - I have three good left boot in green reactor size maybe 28-28.5 that I would give for cost of shipping. No liner but good shell. No cracks.

good luck,