Note to New Members ×

For all the Google lovers.....

Kent

had so little to worry about for the future of thier grand kids, comparitively speaking (besides the A bombs).

BobD

Mmm, yeah, I'll bet world totalitarian rule followed by world communist rule were merely unpleasant concerns.

You know how kids have fire drills in school? Well, they used to also have air-raid drills and nuclear fallout drills too.

That although they faced the grave threats of those years, there was a feeling of progress to a better world. We can longer have that same faith in the future. We have squandered incredable oppertunities in recent years to make the world a better place, but so little has been done. Atop this, our worst science fiction nightmares, (lack of privacy among them) are becoming reality.

I am not a Luddite, this is an exciting time to live. Our grandparents thought the progress of thier time would lead to a better world. I don't think we can be so sure about all the progress being made now, because we can see how little control anyone has over it.

BobD

google cooperating with CIA. yup, i'll ask my buddy in teh NSA about this one. this is teh information age, unless you have no credit and are some kind of hermit / recluse, if people have the knowledge or $$ (or both), they will find your info out. much much bigger threat than google. the average person has little to no idea how much a determined person can find out about them, simply by reasearch on the web (yes, With google, hahah) , looking at their myspace account, doing smart searches, whatever.

when you're at the top, someone always wants to bring you down.

who's funding the movie, not that I care that much.

So your friend from NSA would actually talk? Can he talk about Echelon system or he would go to jail for this?

Interesting point of view. I smell exaggeration, but I believe that any company with that much information power like Google would be approached and asked for cooperation with some goverment any time. that means that some people may wrongly think that is only US goverment. Recruits for differnt "agencies" are all over the world and work in many companies.

On flipside I believe that CIA has hands full with some other tasks than collecting data (that's NSA's task).

When I think about what we are not told about the world, the secrets kept from us, I personally am scared for the future of the world. I can't even amagine the horors that lie waiting for us. I believe we only see the tip of the iceburg. We see what THEY want us to see. Google may be used to gather information about us, but who cares if you are not planning world domination or some other stupid form of distruction from your home/work computer.

Guest dragon fly jones

That way I can stay hydrated and forget at the same time. My commentary was all about the education side.

Hell they have been cataloging us for years. No surprise there.