Note to New Members ×

Constant Shin Pain

carverchick

Hey Fellow Bombers,

I was wondering if anyone else have been experiencing shin pain after a day of hard riding. I recently started getting shin pain, mostly my right shin. Sometimes even days after riding, I still have this pain. Is it because I'm leaning more forward into my turns? Is there anything I can do to relieve this pain? Or should I just look at this as a merit badge for riding hard? Any info anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Ciao,

Fe

im pretty sure shin splints are from impact, if she has those its not from snowboarding.

i would try experimenting with different angle and cant on your rear binding.

depending on your anatomy (bow legged/neutral/knock kneed) may help you decide which way to go first.

what is your rear binding set to now?

Shintronics by Manoove.com . I have used them also. When my shins start aching I wear them one or two days and the pain disappear. I also wear boosterstraps but for me that was not the solution. The shintronics helped me a lot. And I always just shave my shins before the season starts.

read the posts on shin bang and if that doesn't sound familiar do a search on Anterior compartment syndrome and shinsplints. Its a blood flow issue rather than being impact related. Its possible that your boots are to tight at the cuff mimicking anterior compartment syndrome as well.