Note to New Members ×

Odd conversation with fellow hardbooter

C5 Golfer

actually this picture is a cornerstone of my cultural philosophy

anyway I do also have a geographical metaphor to offer it says that often there is the same goal behind different behaviour and sometimes people even have to behave completely differently to achieve the same goal like to stay with this picture this guy spent hours going south to get to Salzburg while I always go north to get to Salzburg so this guy must be stupid after all I know you have to go north to get to Salzburg and that's a fact that everyone knows

or did he by going south indicate that Salzburg couldn't possibly be his destination but that he must have some other favourite city?

:flamethro

Our tour group in Costa Rica was 11 Canadians and 4 Americans (2 girls, 2 guys, all in their 20's and great fun). On two occasions Janet, one of the American girls, found herself the only "foreigner" in a Canadian group - and when the guide would go around the group and ask what our names were and where we were from, she would paste on a smile and say "Canada" which had us all in fits.

Everyone knows the stereotype of the American tourist. We had a group of them on our coffee tour - elderly good ol' boys from Alabama who asked dozens of inane questions, constantly interrupted the tour guide, and held everyone else up in the gift shop trying the screw the prices down (they're ridiculously cheap anyway).

Or we could go with the German hotel owner who told our tour guide to instruct us not to go over to the supermarket across the road and buy beer, we were to buy it from him at three times the price (yeah right)... and charged us $5US a day to switch on the air conditioning....