Note to New Members ×

Stepins revisited

Gecko

OK I know I said that I wasn't interested in using Intec Step-ins but in truth I never thought I would find such joy doing laps on a little hill like Yawgoo Valley. The Problem with a little hill is that in order for it to be any exercise you need to be fast at the top (the fact that the top also has a bunch of flopping freestyle boarders doesn't help either) so today I ordered the the Intec kit for my OS1s. since I live across the state (read 4o minutes) from Catek I should have them before I ride again Thursday night. I hope it doesn't take me too long to adjust to the difference

well, i tried to post back a bit, it never appeared though :-/

anyway.

i'm also in westerly, and go to yawgoo on thursday nights.

i longboard skate, so i have a preference for carving vs skidding, but for now i'm stuck on their rental boards, and have been trying to rail them up & achieve some sort of carving.

do you find their trails are wide enough for true carving?

well, i tried to post back a bit, it never appeared though :-/

anyway.

i'm also in westerly, and go to yawgoo on thursday nights.

i longboard skate, so i have a preference for carving vs skidding, but for now i'm stuck on their rental boards, and have been trying to rail them up & achieve some sort of carving.

do you find their trails are wide enough for true carving?

not really for fully laid out body dragging turns but that is really more because it's not steep enough to get enough speed to make that kind of turn. Yellow Jacket and Outback are pretty good I was definitely laying out some turns on them this morning. Look for me Thursday night I'll be wearing a red Spyder jacket and riding a little blue board. I hope to rocking my step-ins then

not really for fully laid out body dragging turns but that is really more because it's not steep enough to get enough speed to make that kind of turn. Yellow Jacket and Outback are pretty good I was defiantly laying out some turns on them this morning. Look for me Thursday night I'll be wearing a red Spyder jacket and riding a little blue board. I hope to rocking my step-ins then

good enough.

i'll be there in a grey/dark grey spyder, black pants, blue northface hat, and their standard issue boards :(

hopefuly next year i'll be riding something a bit better at edging up.. i was getting enough angle to drag my toes though.

sorry to hijack the thread a little, how do you think a donek wide would work? or do you have any other suggestions for a lot of riding at yawgoo & some at say mt snow and similar?

thanks, and i'll look for you this week.

that makes it even better! You typed a word that is perfectly correct, just out of context

man...that really made me laugh. I'm not trying to mess with you or correct your spelling or anything was just 'avin a larf at the coincidence.

please, defiantly carve some more turns as soon as you possibly can, ok?

I've never ridden with anything but intecs and cannot offer comparisons. That said, I do love the things and have never had a problem - I always listen for the audible ping/click that indicates that they have engaged properly. Even if it passes the standing still push/pull test, if I don't hear what I'm listening for, I back out of it and get the snow out from under my heel or off of my plates. The pull handle for the cable can have some influence on your next pair of pants also. Just what came to mind when I saw your thread. (I have Cateks & Head Stratos Pro)

Use them thats all, good number of folks don't bother to t-bolt them, no big deal, unless you don't and the factory ones in your boots rip out. Then it is or at least can be a big deal. Did you?

not yet but then I don't have them yet. I'm not tearing my boots apart until they arrive (hopefully wednesday). but yes I will be installing them using T-nuts

i tried to post yesterday, and again my post didnt show up.. it may very well appear later today or something? can anyone tell me why that seems to be happening to my posts?

anyway, i was trying to say i'd keep an eye out for you-- i'll be in a grey/dark grey spyder jacket, black pants, probably a blue north face hat... and attempting to carve my way down their trails.

I ride a thumper...there are two very important rules with a morotcycle that shakes

1) thread lock or wire lock everything you can

2) anything that rule #1 doesn't apply to must be checked daily.

I hate checking nuts and bolts so I use Loctite liberally and safety wire a lot too

Side note: Has anyone notice how expensive Loctite has goten in the last decade?

yeah I read a bunch of info about that on the Buell forum a few years ago.

Can't wait to get my new parts, put it all together and ride it. I noticed Saturday that it's taking me less time to settle into a grove now than it used to and I'm less tired when I hit that grove. I'm hoping step-ins are gonna help this even more.

The nice thing about being across the state from Catek is that my order arrived today....installation was easy enough, I know have a box of standard parts on the shelf. Adjustment on the other hand took a while, toes further forward, heels further back plus the annoying fact that my front foot is further towards the toeside of the plate than the rear. So it took me a while to get everything adjusted just right. It's supposed to snow tonight and again Thursday night so that should add to the base already down and being added to by the machines. Now I just need to insure that I'm not working Thursday night and I'll get to do some more laps. Oh yes and the "Bond factor" is very cool, I must have stepped in and out of my rear a half a dozen times just to just to do it.