Note to New Members ×

Osin (Dynastar) 3800 163

BlueB

I left 4807 and a freeride board alone in a closed, what poped out was this bastard child :D

Super sweet powder/carver board, kind of Dynastars' Fish, but stiffer and less tapered. Carves similar to 4807. I ride my 169 with hard boots. Very good in trees.

Waist 25.2, SCR 9, Taper 4.

It looks just like 169 (next to 4807) on pic attached.

169 has 9.5 SCR.

Sell or trade.

Do not post offers here, only email:

boris at netsplash dot ca

post-1678-141842227676_thumb.jpg

I owe it to you Boris, great board, worked like a charm in the Whistler pow-pow, I've never had a free-ride board of this length with so much float. Any like I said, it can hold a rail and is manueverable in trees.

Someone BUY this board! The topsheet changes color too (green fades to blue).

-Gord

I'm 210 lbs and definately ride hard. Althought he nose is softer, the tail does have some pop. It rides like a solid free-ride board (similar to older salomons).

I got mine from Boris aswell and it was a perfect tansfer on his end. I say givr

Hope this helps.

-Gord

I'm 168 and ride mellow some days, and harder when it's good. It's probably stiffer than I'd like. I've gotten wary of buying boards that bigger riders love - I end up hating them just b/c I have to go full-out to get the board de-cambered.

Thanks Boris and Gord.

JD

I'm riding it with a set of Burton Drivers and TechNine Pro model bindings, so not as stiff as hardboots, so I guess the question is what would you be riding the board with soft vs hard will definately change the feel.

Huge, I've had this board everywhere, waist deep pow, groomers, trees and bumps, and a bit of ice...like I said earlier, one of the better freeride boards I've ever ridden (compared to Burton Republik, older salamons, Oxygen SX, O2 freeride).

I don't feel tired riding this board, it's quite relaxing, but when you do push the tail, it pushes you back, and I think that's an indicator of a fun ride.

-Gord

Hugh,

169 has very similar flex and ride to 4807, just a bit turnier and livelier. I would say even more versatile.

I didn't ride it much (to many boards to choose from ;) ) but I had it in bumps, trees, soft groom and tracked pow. It's about the only board I'm close to comfortable in trees (I'm poor tree rider). Very good in pow and chop but bouncier than 4807, easy in bumps, carves ok.

I still have to try it on hard pack. Pending that test, it could prove to be the most versatile of my boards...

Gord,

I'm glad you love it! For softies I would probably choose 163 too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest shrederjen
Super sweet powder/carver board,

I am in total agreement. This is now, my 2nd favorite board (next to my Madd 170!) Took it all over Big Sky in wet and dry powder; maybe 6-10 inches in places. It is a dream in the pow, carves pretty well in the harder stuff. Will admit, I felt more comfortable on my Madd at the TOP of the hill, due to the pitch. I know I should have tried it in hard boots, but with fresh powder all over the place, I just couldn't!!!! I bought the 163 from you and am approx 140 pounds. (on a bad day) :cool: Hope this helps whom ever is thinking about this fun board!

Okay, so I would rather ride this board than the Madd in any fresh pow over 6 inches...... Oh yea, skims water well, too!

Thanks so much for the board! Can not wait to try a swallow tail, one of these days!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...