Note to New Members ×

Legendary Banked Slalom

Guest atlasgrazer@mac.com

Guest atlasgrazer@mac.com

Hey fellow boarders, Got in to the LBS this year have been trying for a while. Never raced before but have been boarding since 1982. Any tips so I don't totally get killed would be great. Training, practice, wax, boards to use ( I have an Arbor 166, a burton custom 161, and a burton performer 1982 wood base)

I'll be there for the LBS this year too! This'll be my 2nd time doing it. I just remember the course to be really turny. So your 161 Custom should be fine, but bring up the Arbor to try out too. The Arbor might be a little long for the course, but if you can ride it on the course you'll be fine! I'll probably bring my Burton boardercross board and a fish for riding after:D. Just put on a good temp wax and get used to riding the berms! Go ride it this weekend or next before the big race! The 82 would have been perfect for the retro race a couple years ago.

aww bummer. dont think ill go to the MBLBS. I have it in my schedule, and i -MIGHT- be up there since there's a husqvarna bike demo day on feb 11th out in everett. but then again, i got Victorville, California motorcycle race to attend the next weekend, and its quite a ways to drive from CO to WA and then to CA and then back to CO. :-/

EDIT: Atlas! Congratulations!!!!!