Note to New Members ×

this message is being typed from the mammoth lakes library

bobdea

hero snow, as good as it gets, get here or don't, I don't care because the cord is perfect!

now all we need is a pow day or two.

Ohh, and I am gonna upgrade the tanker!

I am dreadfully sick right now but I am gonna be here till may, hope the east is getting better but it was bad enough that I ran!

sweet.

i'll definitely have a trip or two to mammoth this year. hopefully the stupid pressure system that's been over head pushing all the stuff up to oregon and washington goes away.

base only says 36-48 inches though. total snow up to date is something like 72 inches. i don't mean to bitch, but after being up there 3x last year, they had over 200 inches by january.

anyway, are there still some obstacles and bare patches here and there? have they been making snow in the absense of the natural stuff?

The last two years were record breaking years, and we've gotten spoiled. But yes, this hear has been pretty sad in comparison. However it is only January and Mammoth gets some big storms up through May. Lets keep crossing our fingers and hope for a big turnaround in February.

The snow quality is excellent, its just thin in spots and you gotta watch for rocks in some areas (Quicksilver, Face of 3, parts of Canyon/Eagle).

I'm not up there this weekend, but will be the next (Feb 3). I'll keep an eye out for you Bob. I would like to be on my Madd 170, but I just got a package from Mr. Varsava, so we'll see :biggthump

I'll be working somewhere at canyon, I still don't know my way around and my hardboots are still not here, been riding the tanker like it's going out of style though.

snow quality here has been insane since I've been here even the bumps were soft, anyone thats bitching about snow quality right now is a jack ass unless they are refering to the ungroomed which is above the average skiers ability level anyway.

Bob, doyou have a car while you are in Mammoth?? My dad and I are thinking about flying up there the end of next week and we need to be picked up at the airport? We can call a cab but we are at their mercy when they decide to come out to the airport. We have waited for over an hour for the dang taxi to take us to Canyon Lodge which is about 10 minutes away from the airport. We usually arrive around 8:00 am, if you can, I will provide more details

glad you made it out there in one piece. You'll be missed. I think any snow would be better than what we have in most places out here. I just discovered that the 10th mtn trail at wachusett (the mogul run) is incredibly wide and perfect for carving without the moguls. Wish they had it open when you were here. Have fun and carve it up.