Note to New Members ×

Burton Plates...unbelieveable!!

wavechaser

This is nuts - I had a nearly new set of 02/03 race plates for sale a couple weeks ago and was getting offers for $125 -they finally sold for $144 plus $8 shipping, after not getting ANY bids on ebay.

Then I see this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230079490223&rd=1&rd=1

These are USED 1998 Race Plates at $196.50 plus $15 shipping with 5+ hours still to go...eBay is just nuts sometimes!! Someboady is gonna get the shaft here - considering you can buy the Ibex brand new for $179!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Guest stickman

Rick

I got an older Oxygen KR 172 with a set of Burton Performance Plates last fall at the Cochran's ski sale for $40. Sold the clamps for $120 and the board for $225. Paid for my pass at Bolton by getting up early.......ONCE!!

Stickman

Had those exact bindings! $217 is a STEAL - GOLD PLATED, Unobtanium BABY :biggthump

Just kidding :o

I think some of the metallic paint started to wear off of the bails when I sold mine, for, uh...a bit less :(

Still have the little leash that came with 'em - my son uses it on his binding

This is nuts - I had a nearly new set of 02/03 race plates for sale a couple weeks ago and was getting offers for $125 -they finally sold for $144 plus $8 shipping, after not getting ANY bids on ebay.

Then I see this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230079490223&rd=1&rd=1

These are USED 1998 Race Plates at $196.50 plus $15 shipping with 5+ hours still to go...eBay is just nuts sometimes!! Someboady is gonna get the shaft here - considering you can buy the Ibex brand new for $179!! :rolleyes: :eek:[/quote

Yeah, I sold my used '98 Burton "step-in carrier performance" binders ( with BOTH sets of dampers! ) to some Coo-Coo Latte who bid it up to $180...To each his own...I got them at Joe Jones new in a clearance bin for 40 bucks and they wouldn't work with my Nordicas.

Had those exact bindings! $217 is a STEAL - GOLD PLATED, Unobtanium BABY :biggthump

Just kidding :o

I think some of the metallic paint started to wear off of the bails when I sold mine, for, uh...a bit less :(

Still have the little leash that came with 'em - my son uses it on his binding

Up to $232.50 now - approaching TD-2 territory...pretty funny!

Yup, mine sold for $75...with BRAND NEW replacement bails!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSAA:US:31&item=7201429931

Hmmmmmm I thought the clear plastic bindings got recalled by Burton?? Not sure which year that was though....

Jeeez.. I paid $165 for a complete set of brand spanking new ones from 02-03!

Came with ALL the hardware too...

I recently had an Auction for a GReddy Turbo timer... Had a bid start price of $70.... Buy it now for $90...

Two guys got carried away and endind up letting it go for just under $120 :smashfrea

Go figure...

Lessee...$350...plus MASS border transfer fee of $20, plus VT import duty of $33.33, plus acquisition fee charges of $5, plus additional overcharge $29, plus additional overcharge administration fee of $2.25 - your total before shipping is - $439.58. Shipping will be by Pony Express - $50.42 plus $10 pony re-shoe fee - total is $500. Do we have a deal?? :biggthump