Note to New Members ×

Carve Aspen with Chris Karol

Chris Karol

Hey Gang, Just wanted to check in and let people know about the carving camp I'm offering through the Aspen Ski & Snowboard Schools coming Feb. 9, 10 & 11.

The camp is not for beginners but I'd say level 5 and up. Rippers are welcome but I'm also hoping to find some folks who've been at it for a while and still need some help... theres nothing like seeing people figuire it out!

Camp information is posted on the Aspen/Snowmass website at;

www.aspensnowmass.com/schools/adult/specialty.cfm?id=229

That's posted under - ski school/adult/specialty programs/carve aspen (in case link doesn't work)

The first day is dedicated to getting equipment dailed in... Then we go out and ride, learn and have a blast all day Saturday and Sunday.

Please check the Aspen web-site if you are interested in attending. General information is up there including my contact info.

Thanks for checking it out and I wish you all a happy new year filled with many good turns!

Chris Karol

Chris Karol should be an integral part of SES for sure.

Chris, do ya remember riding at Vail with a couple of Germans and we met at Lions Head ? You saw the giant Madd Mikes sticker on the tail of my board.We started talking about the old days and your shack at Loon and I said....you're Chris Karol, wow....small world.

It was like 8-9 years ago.

You might remember the flight attendants in the bar that I introduced you to.

It was right after the divorce.Incidently, things worked out well with Isabelle, the buxom brunette with the french accent-what a week ! :1luvu:

Dude,it was great riding with you that day.

..you guys are cracking me up .... I had to laugh at the "skidder" title 'cause Eric Rey (french racer who was really good) called me "ze fastest skidder in 'ze vorld" once after I beat him on a training run.... that takes more talent than you might think, let me tell you. Skidding (I call 'em smear turns) can be faster on certain turns than carving, but I gotta say carving is way more fun!

So .... Willywhit.. I do vaguely recall that time in Lions head. Unfortunately I have no recollection of the flight attendants.

Chris Karol???? He's only got like 7 posts on BOL, there's no way he knows anything about carving.

:lol:

Wish I could be there. For those of you who don't know, Chris knows a thing or two about carving.

Men's Slalom Finals

* 1. Chris Karol USA

* 2. Pietro Colturi ITA

* 3. Mike Kildevaeld DEN

Chris Carol and East Dorset’s favorite daughter Betsy Shaw would bring the Slalom titles back to the States after Pietro Colturi ( ITA) and Ashild Loftus (NOR) captured the crowns in ’90.

:biggthump:biggthump