Note to New Members ×

Reccomend me a board

bjordnolf

You see, these race stock FP-s love it wide open... :eplus2: Some might find them a bit too fast though... just a bit... :ices_ange

Not saying that a 185 would be way off. When I started I was quite happy with the 165 to 175 range. Now I rarely ride anything that short, it just seems like the longer boards need a little more speed to flex properly. I like to see my beginner carvers start with something a little more flexy and a little shorter. Just my two cents.

Can you guys reccomend me an alpine board I could find used and somewhat cheap? I am a beginning carver and am 6'2" 230lbs with mondo 27 boots.

thanks

A 179 Prior 4x4, Coiler Allmountain and Donek Axess. Definitely more forgiving on a new carver. All three are awesome boards.

None of these are cheap but they are cheaper used and are excellent boards for you. I sold my near-new 174 Prior 4x4 for $380 last summer. Didn't use it enough.

How about the Hot Blast 178 in the classifieds?

thanks

:D I was about to mention it, but it is no-beginner board... These are really nice and fun sticks, sidecut radius is a bit large for a freecarver, quite stiff, but at your weight it shouldn't be an issue... If you're ready to do some work when riding, may give it a try.

I went with the hot blast 178 hope all goes well.

thanks for the help

You will not be disapppointed in a Hot Blast 178. I have 2 of them, and plan on riding it all weekend at Whistler this weekend.

Let me know what you think.. I do not think it is too much board for you at your size. I am 6'3" at 210 -