Note to New Members ×

truth or hype??

bjvircks

If Silver Mtn claims are true (200" fallen, 92" base at peak, 66" base avg mid-mtn) they've got everybody beat (well, not Bachelor)

Marmot Basin: 303cm (119") total snowfall, 115 (45") settled base mid-mountain

Lake Louise: 275cm (108") total snowfall mid-mountain, 157cm (62") base

Sunshine: 415cm (163") total snowfall, 173cm (68") base

Thanks, Blue Bird...

Big Sky is claiming 54" peak, 36" mid mtn. I'm going to be at Big Sky with my ski club March 3-10. What do you think things will be like then?

How do Big Sky and Big Mountain compare?

Things only get better in March.

I haven't skied Big Mountain yet, I got the info off of their site. I know 4 - 5 people that have moved to the area and never come back.

I haven't been to Big Sky since Jr. High (scary, that was 20 years ago). I remember it as being a lot of fun.

Enjoy it!!:biggthump

Thanks, Blue Bird...

Big Sky is claiming 54" peak, 36" mid mtn. I'm going to be at Big Sky with my ski club March 3-10. What do you think things will be like then?

How do Big Sky and Big Mountain compare?

I can't speak for big sky having never been there but I board Big mtn three times a week. The claims are correct. IT snowed a good foot while I was on the mtn yesterday and they only claimed 8" on this mornings report. so if anything the snowfall claims are light. the settled base is accurate I am sure. we are a little low for this time of year at the village level but ITs snowing every day lately. Big sky has a reputation for great powder. I was more than satisfied yesterday IT was epic on big mtn. Every run was causing manic laughter and fits of giggling.:freak3: The best day that I remember ever being up there. Its looking like a good year. several of the really big storms have missed us to the south which would put them right on top of silver mtn. I would guess that 200 inches is accurate. there is always that groomer guarantee of theirs to consider as well:biggthump