Note to New Members ×

spirit

bobble

Spirit is hosting a half pipe and a USSA ski race this weekend. The steeper runs (Gandy) will likely be closed or with limited access. I'll be out Sat am for an hour or two. Enjoy

I was there in the late afternoon saturday. Saw 2 guys carving. One with a short board and one in an orangish jacket.

The guy in Orange painted lovely lines with vigor and passion.

I wore green and painted beautiful works of art in the runs of Spirit as well.

I feel refreshed as I haven't carved in years.

love that feeling.:1luvu:

Let me know if you may be going again as i picked up a pass super cheap and wanta get my moneys worth, but my auto is not trip worthy.

I was there in the late afternoon saturday. Saw 2 guys carving. One with a short board and one in an orangish jacket.

The guy in Orange painted lovely lines with vigor and passion.

I feel refreshed as I haven't carved in years.

love that feeling.:1luvu:

Let me know if you may be going again as i picked up a pass super cheap and wanta get my moneys worth, but my auto is not trip worthy.

i was in the orange. i saw you from the lift. i was riding up with russ and saw you and said "whoa, who's that?!?" we craned our necks around.

yes, indeed! :biggthump

i wanted to meet up but i had to go in, i was getting to that point where i was tired and going to hurt myself.

where do you normally ride? c'mon out to buck on weekend mornings.

You guys made me want to carve. I went up with friends and decided to ride freestyle for a while. After about three runs i saw one of you and had to switch to plates...God do I love carving.

Scuff told me about this place (BOL) and I am so glad it exists. I contemplated going back to being a super dirty hippy and living out a van full of race boards trying to convert people. But missionsary work and saving people was never my thing either:p .

• 2 months later...

Stopped by Spirit on a whim yesterday afternoon to find that they had worked the snow from the half-pipe into a long, wide, downhill plateau, and better yet had groomed it within the last day or so......

Used the softboots (I did have to walk back up, after all), but cranked the angles to 51/45 and got in enough runs to leave some big, deep, smooth trenches in the soft snow.

A poor man's holiday at best, but sometimes you take what you can get!

Stopped by Spirit on a whim yesterday afternoon to find that they had worked the snow from the half-pipe into a long, wide, downhill plateau, and better yet had groomed it within the last day or so......

Used the softboots (I did have to walk back up, after all), but cranked the angles to 51/45 and got in enough runs to leave some big, deep, smooth trenches in the soft snow.

A poor man's holiday at best, but sometimes you take what you can get!

hard for me to believe spirit could be open. mid 70's down here in the cities. i had to force myself to go boarding on my last day.

russ, you are the last man standing!