Note to New Members ×

BES - Banff Expression Session

Gtanner

Allee,

Bail on work!!!!

Also I'll be riding all weekend around. So Saturday and Sunday may be at sunshine/LL/Norquay...not totally sure. I'll let you know later this week if you want to hook up for some turns.

To the rest of y'all how busy is Sunshine on a Monday...I'm debating bringing out my big-gun or not.

-Gord

It looks as if the other half and I will be heading up tomorrow. We usually stop at the Goats Eye Gardens for coffee about 11am - the board (either a red Donek Axxess or a white Hot Blast) will be on the racks outside, if anyone's in the area and wants to meet up.

Allee, I am not sure if I will go up tomorrow. I was up today (friday) it was good, but not the greatest for caving as there was hardly any grooming and light snow falling so there was lots of piles.

I am not sure of my plans, My wife and her sister might want to go so that means that I will stay home and watch the kids. If not, I will be sure to find you On Goats eye.

I met a guy there today from Germany on a Pogo. He said it is really rare to meet hardbooters here in Canada.

I also saw a girl on a Goltes board in the village.

so... are we still on for Monday.

I will be there for sure. Neil, I will try calling you on the radios.

the last few days I have been there have been pretty chopped up by the time I get on the hill. some sections of the runs are ok but then you ride into some moguls and it just kills your groove.

Cya

Jason

I was up on Saturday and had the best day of the season so far. As Fleaman said, it's a little choppy, but we spent the morning on Goat's Eye, did a couple of runs off Divide (totally socked in above the traverse all day, but clear down below it) and a couple of short runs off Wawa. And it was sen-sssssational. My faves - Sunshine Coast (the usual ice at the bottom of the first pitch was noticeably absent), Wildfire (my trenches on the first part of the run are probably still there), Tin Can Alley off Wawa (point downhill and go - yeehaw!) and Angel Flight, between the Angel traverse and the village, best taken at maximum speed!

Have a fab time without me - I shouldn't imagine that there will be a hell of a lot of carving going on tomorrow, but the free riding should be awesome. :1luvu:

Well It went off with a bang. there were 3 of us. Gtanner, Neil and Myself. We had a good day fighting the bumps, cold weather and visibility, but other than that, it was nice to ride with other hardbooters.

I was kinda neat to see 3 coiler AM's lined up in the board rack together.

How accurately does Environment Canada's forecast for Banff reflect the actual weather on the slopes ? ( http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-49_metric_e.html )

For the past week or so, they've forecasted near-zero temperatures for Banff and they're forecasting above-zero temps for Thursday (+5), Friday(+2) and Saturday (+6).

I'll be heading out there some time between now and the end of the month and I just want to make sure I don't catch any rainy days or even spring-like conditions. :)

'later...