Note to New Members ×

BES - Banff Expression Session

Gtanner

Ok guys,

Sounds like we may be able to set up a mini-session. Please post with your availability or opinions for riding together on the Feb 10/11 weekend at Sunshine, Louise or Norquay.

We could all bring our quivers and trade or exchange boards if people would like. If someone has a better idea for a name, let us know.

Now since I live in the great-white-oil-filled-north, it will be tough for me to organize this, but I will be more than happy to help the day of as well as get the ball rolling.

-Gord

How are the crowds at sunshine on the weekend?

Sunshine's a big hill so it can absorb a lot of people, they all tend to spread out a lot. Wawa and Divide can get busy, Goats Eye/Wolverine never is nor is Teepee. Divide and Goats Eye have the best runs for intermediate/advanced.

I fly to Vancouver on the 9th so I can be wacking people over the head with sticks on the 10th, then fly to Calgary on the 11th where my family will pick me up on their way through to Canmore.

Then on the 16th we all drive to Edmontonchuk for another of my daughter's Irish dancing competitions. It's a full week.

I guess what I'm saying is there's no way for me to be on the snow on the 11th, although if all goes well I'll be enjoying a beverage in the condo that evening.

• 2 weeks later...

My plant kinda lit on fire the other week, so I've been working like a dog since getting it up and running...hoping to be there (sunshine) this weekend and also through to Monday.

I'll update tomorrow.

How many do we have for Sunday and or Monday???

-Gord

I fly to Vancouver on the 9th so I can be wacking people over the head with sticks on the 10th, then fly to Calgary on the 11th where my family will pick me up on their way through to Canmore.

Sounds like a busy schedulle... Would you have enough time for a bit of shredding at Cypress?

Sounds like a busy schedulle... Would you have enough time for a bit of shredding at Cypress?
I won't even have my boards with me as I already have to fly with all my kendo gear. My wife is picking me up at the Calgary airport, she'll have all my stuff for playing in the snow.

And Rob, except for a couple of days at the local hill, Monday will be my first day out this year.