Note to New Members ×

Where to ride at Kirkwood?

gawdzira

Please give me some beta on Kirkwood. I am boarding a bus at 3 am tomorrow for a day trip to Kirkwood.

I have barely ridden for 2 years so I am going to relearn how to do this snowboarding thing.

Thanks,

alan

Tune your 2-way radio to 5/12, there might be a few weekend Tahoecarvers on the mtn.

Recommendations for carving:

Easy: Chair 7 (high speed quad), Hole n' Wall, good early season warmup.

Medium: Chair 2, Flying Carpet and Chair 5, Lower Zachary (under the lift) and Lower Monte Wolf (all the way left from the top). Chair 11, Buckboard - favorite (watch for bombers coming down from The Wall above)

Advanced: Chair 6, Monte Wolfe and Zachary (top of Mtn). Chair 11, Racecourse (under the lift).

There are other runs, but these will keep you busy :AR15firin

Cheers, Hugh

Off the "Select a drop" wall, down some nice steep with a gradual transition to flat, then into this shute that starts out wide with small rocks on both sides. As you progress the thing get real narrow and the rocks become walls. Scared the crap out of me cause it's too narrow to stop - and I was on skis.

I just got back from the magic bus ride. The snow was great and the grooming was excellent. I spent the morning on Lower Monte Wolf and then moved over to Buckboard. Being my first day back in way too long those runs were perfect. I was told the top was skied off and icy so I was content to leave that alone.

Thanks again Derf for the info. Buckboard was choice today.

I was even able to evangalize on one run to this woman who was making some really nice turns in her softie setup. She caught me on my best run of the day and I sent her here to Bomber for the source of all good information and used gear. If any of you hook up with her I want to hear about it so I can live vicariously through your exploits since I am married now.