Note to New Members ×

Need new boots, please advise

Nicotine

Hello, I am in need of some new boots. I currently am using Burton Reactors that have seen their better days. I need help choosing the boot that is right for me.

Specifics:

Years Carving: 12 years

Weight: 170 lbs.

Height: 5’ 9” and shrinking

Foot Size: 27 as measured at ski shop

Riding Style: Very Aggressive ~ free carving

Conditions: Man made snow, short run length ~ Minnesota

Bindings: Burton Race plates w/ 6 degree rear cant

Boards: Factory Prime 167, 157. Burton Supermodel 168, Palmer

Titanium Channel 165

I ride my current boots in walk mode (flexy) and only lock them out for max support when on really long runs, like when vacationing in the mountains and riding at very high speed.

After reading about the different boots Bobmer stocks I thought the Track 225T might be right for me but being an aggressive rider thought maybe the Track 325T would be better? (But sold out in my size I see) Head Stratus Pro?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pete

You may find the Tracks a little soft after the Burtons. Even in walk mode the Burtons have great lateral stiffness, which the Raichle SBs do not (unless the tracks are stiffer ?).

The heads are stiffer, though still not as stiff laterally as the Burtons. I switch betwen the two though, and like both.

If you are stuck with no boots to ride in, I have some Oxygen boots in 27 you would be welcome to borrow or buy cheap. I'm in Lakeville.

Are you comming up for the annual carvers get together at Welch on the 10th ?. Should be at least a dozen people there.

BobD

General opinion is that the Reactor is a stiff stiff boot, way more comparable to a raceboot/Indy than the freecarve oriented 325. If you're an aggressive rider you might want to go for the Suzuka or Indy-

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=12865&highlight=reactor

Or, you could always lock down the Tracks rather than riding them in walk mode. I'm 5ft9 and 150, and I ride my Tracks in powder mode permanently as they're a little stiff with the TD1's. I've yet to try them with a softer binding.

The people I know with Heads love them. They're a beefy boot too.

Thanks for the replys, much appreciated. I did a lot of searching on the forum last night and got some great info.

Mr. D, my Reactors are still holding their own so I'm good to go at the moment. I am also planning to head to Welch on the 10th. I'm the dork with the bullet holes in his helmet.

Pete