Note to New Members ×

Burton Reactor Questions

forrest

I just bought a pair of burton reactor hard boots and have a couple of issues with them. I have been riding for 7 years with ski boots and thought it was time for a real set of boots. However these boots seem to be really really soft, I am having trouble with heel lift which causes a number of problems at speed and they have caused more shin bang than my ski boots. I have size 10 feet which are rather skinny. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do or are these boots just the wrong ones for me?

thanks

Hey, I bought a cheap pair of reactors, and I've dealt with some of the same issues. The first thing I noticed was the heel lift I got, which was absolutely terrible. First I tried just making the buckles really tight, but that deformed the shell and created weird pressure points. I finally solved the heal lift problem by duck-taping strips of insulation foam onto the outside of the liner. I killed the heal lift by taping foam strips in an upside down V around my heel to form a heel cup. I also noticed that I got less heel lift when I had less forward lean on the boots, so you might try backing off the forward lean and making it up with heel lift in your bindings.

As far as stiffness, there’s a spring under the forward lean lock thingy, with a nut above and below it. You can adjust the nuts with a screwdriver, and the boots will be stiffer if the spring is tight. Also, make sure the cant adjustment is tight.

PS: The foam strip thing is kind of a painful trial and error process. (who would have thought that the skin under a blister could form another blister after you remove the flap of the original blister?)

There are 2 reason fo heel lift.

Biigest is too big boots, unfortunately this covers 90% of cases :mad:

Another one is missdesign of boots, only Raichle/DeeLuxe have middle buckle designed so that it will keep heel down properly, rest really suck, sorry about that :confused:

But still key is to have small enogh shell size :D

I used to wear reactors, for about 8 years, and they sucked every day I rode them. I finally convinced my wife I need a new pair of boots and bought a pair of Lemans and they feel about 100 times better. My riding seemed to improve a bit also. After 8 years of hurting feet, now I am comfy.