Note to New Members ×

Utah question

Derek72

just moved to slc from the east coast and currently work at snowbird. Snowbird is great for powder ( three days of it last week) but as far a carving goes I would choose someplace else. They just don't have much for groomed terrain, and what is groomed is loaded with people. I haven't had a chance to check out any other resorts yet but I've heard that Park City is great during mid-week.

Derek, I'd start with PCMR and the hardbooter.com crew. Plenty of groomers in PC and Canyons areas. If you get up to the Ogden area, 'Snowbasin is great for groomers, too but be sure to bring your AM board in case of dumps. From there there's a few more areas you could check out depending upon your schedule and purse.

Mark

I'm heading there in Feb with 4 other guys. We were probably going to just stay in SLC and check out different resorts from there, but I'd love to get some advice on whether it makes sense to spend a night in PC to hit Canyons and PC itself.

I'm also interested in checking out snowbird, solitude and snowbasin.

We'll only have 4 days of riding - Thursday through Sunday - and I was wondering which were the best bets on weekends to avoid crowds.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Derek,

Snowbird:

You'll find Regulator Johnson agreeable if you like long broad steep groomers. Skiers tend to ski it waves off the tram, I generally take the Little Cloud lift and do laps here and wait for it to clear out. There are a few fun runs in Mineral Basin as well, but they are bit shorter. Mark Malu and Primrose Path are other fun groomers.

Solitude:

Take the Powderhorn lift to Diamond Lane or Eagle Eagle Express lift to the Sunshine Bowl or Sun Dancer or Inspiration

Park City:

Get to the King Con lift. Shamus and Sitka are hardbooter favorites. Also, check out their Signature groomers.

I've got season passes at these three resorts because they all offer something different. The terrain is dramatically different, so is the attitude;-) Enjoy your trip.