Note to New Members ×

front knee problem

groovastic

You're also midway through the turn there and as you're going through the turn your weight will be shifting back so you can pull out of it. I bet you're pushing a little harder at the beginning of the turn, and at the same time, with a knee operation already done it probably doesn't hurt to take it a little easy on it. Looks halfway decent to me.

look at where both knees end up relative to your toes. driving the front knee a great deal is wonderful for turn initiation. however, when carving at high speeds often maintaining alignment results in the strongest base. any forward movement of your knee should exist along a single plane (holy freakin tired) in an effort to minimize torsional stress. depending on your desired style, this could be unwanted. however, your picture suggests a pretty strong riding style and frankly, even with a perceived reduction in forward drive of the front knee it is quite admirable.

let your knee heal. i don't know if your winter income depends on your riding, but seriously let your knee heal. i didn't take care of mine. trained for the season, reinjured it a few weeks ago (off snow) and have since seriously compromised my riding. i don't think it's worth it, especially at my age. knee injuries/surgery take a while to recover from to reach 100% regardless of the severity.

perhaps take this season as an opportunity to work on a slightly different style of riding. expand your bag of tricks and have fun with it. if you are riding right now without pain and getting that low anyway and feel really stable, continue ripping it up.

Looking good bro, nothing wrong with that.

What you can try is to bring your left hend over your left knee, and lift the right hand of the snow, and little bit back. That would rottate your torso just a tad into the turn (face the bindings angle), thus putting a bit more pressure on front knee, well actually on both...

Boris

Thanks guys!

The thing is that I'm (as most of you probably) a snowboard freak, so I've been living for winter for the whole year! I don't think I'll put off snowboarding. I even injured my knee working as a rafting guide, earning money for snowboarding! :smashfrea

And I did a lot of training in last few months, so I'm almost as strong as I was in my best days :biggthump

Last March I demoed a Pogo Impact and it was much more gentle to my knee so I think I'll try to gather money for it. That's how I'll spend money I earned during the summer. I just need a few more hundreds of euros :rolleyes:

The only problem is that I don't feel like selling my custom made Coiler, but it seems that I'll have to.. for the benfit of my knee!

Or is it a stupid thing to do? :nono:

Guest SAVEtheSWALLOWTAIL

that looks rad! just remember you are still protecting your injury in your head. dont think about it so much, use arnica montana and also rest your board on the nasty bar when riding the lift.

nice photo!

Looking good bro, nothing wrong with that.

What you can try is to bring your left hend over your left knee, and lift the right hand of the snow, and little bit back. That would rottate your torso just a tad into the turn (face the bindings angle), thus putting a bit more pressure on front knee, well actually on both...

Boris

i'm with the blue, you're looking good to me :biggthump

but don't forget the outside arm, rotate him more to the board, results in more rotation wich gives you more edgepressure and more scurity at higher speeds:eplus2: bur anyway, you're looking good!

thanks for all your posts and the tips!

my problem is that it's hard to find somebody who could show me some things, so I usualy try to find some good carver and try to do what he does...:o

And tomorrow I'm going to Nassfeld (Austria) with my friend who is a funkin good skier! :biggthump And belive me, you can learn about carving a board from such a good skier! At least he motivates you to become better! :ices_ange