Note to New Members ×

mmmmm.... cord.

Jack M

Yeah, I hate to stick it to the East-coast people, but one downside of all the snow we're getting is that a lot of runs are too soft and/or get chopped up far too easily.

I went to Marmot Basin in Jasper this past Friday with only my Prior WCR and it was frankly the wrong move. They'd had 36 cm in the past 4 days or something, but I guess their groomers weren't keeping up too well – I had to stick to about 4 runs, because the rest of the groomed stuff up top was just too soft to be any fun. After a few embarrassing times submarining halfway into the cord, I gave up and stayed with the tried-and-true.

Of course, then I somehow how broke the board, which Prior is partly charging me for...but that's another story. :angryfire

greg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shrederjen

Shoot, I should have taken a picture at the top of Regulator Johnson, yesterday at 0915........ It was very, very nice for an hour or so.

Snowbird Utah has been pretty good, early in the morning, for carving, this past week.

Jen

Dave, the snow grooming machines lay down a nice 1-1.5" from valley to peak. The corduroy is also spec'd to have no more than a 45* angle to it. There is a guy measuring with a protractor, if you get there early enough you can see him out on the slopes. We are particular about our corduroy out here, being that there are so many carvers located out here in SoCal.

Jack, yes there is definitely room for a 205 or longer on this run, this is the last pitch before you jump back on the lifts, it is called Widowmaker. The entire run is known as Miracle Mile. It is located at Snow Summit in the San Bernardino Mountains. Above that first ridge is plenty of wide open carving runs, you just have to watch for the straightliners.

can't wait till my skills catch up to my gear and get up to par.

then i'll bust out the donek FCI 171. you're definitely welcome to try it out aaron. i have a feeling it'll be a bit stiff for me for a while, some of the guys here are 200 lbs and riding on that thing - by comparison, i'm only 150. hehe

yeah, next year is definitely a season pass to snow summit. i think i'll be spending a lot of the rest of the season at summit too. i only needed 5 days at mt. high to break even, and i'm at 7 days there - 9 total for the season so far. bar any more injuries, i should be able to hit my 30+ day mark assuming the season lasts into mid april and i get to make a few "big" trips.

Here are a couple of shots from our local mtn today. MMMMMMM! corduroy!! The second photo was taken a few days ago but the first one is current. Just goes to show that the local hills really likes to lay out the cord for the carvers

Sorry but in that first picture in lower right I can see where the groomer picked up the tiller and towards the middle of the picture is an ugly seam that must be an inch higher than the groom on either side.

And you call that grooming????

That looks great..... it makes me wanna cry.... today they say it's gonna top 100* F here.... but only a week and a half till I fly to Jackson Hole....

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Every time I butter my toast ... it reminds me of seamless, carve enhancing cord...

Great pics guys... keep em coming!!!!:biggthump

• 4 weeks later...