Note to New Members ×

Hard boots Vs. Ski boots (by a hardcore ski booter)

BlueB

a volkl, a virus but please give me a head. :lol:

Yeah baby!

That's what I'm after.

- Stiff shell with flex that can be controlled

- Something that would work with skis an plates

I know that UPS/UPZ have alternative DIN blocks, but they are also known as narrow boots (not for my wide feet :( )

Does anyone ski in Head Startos Pro? How well the slanted heel/toe holds in ski bindings?

Then, someone mentioned that Stratos actually IS a ski boot shell with modified blocks. Does someone actually know which ski shell?

Boris

I remeber seeing those a couple of years ago, either made by Head or Dalbello. A Google search showed me that they are similar to the Dalbello CRX (Head boots are OEM by Dalbello/DSM). The current Dalbello Reflex is similar also.

The first image is an orange Head (shell contour is easier to see)

head_orange_cut350.jpg

The second picture shows the similar outline of the shell of the Dalbello boot.

large_dalbello_bo_10.jpg

The third pictures shows the same canting adjuster as on the Head snowboard boot.

large_dalbello_bo_8.jpg

Thanks Derf, you are great source of info!

These do look similar, indead! I wonder if the flex is the same?

Funny enough, today I saw some Raichle/Deeluxe ski boots looking EXACTELY the same as hard boots, but with din toe/heel. They even had 5-point mechanism at the back.

Then another pair that was the same as Delbello Krypton. Prices were good, but wrong numbers...

Could it turn out that Head, Delbello and Deeluxe are all made in the same factory? Then, Delbello is owned by Elan. And Elan makes good part of Head skis...

Head snowboard boots are made by Dalbello. They even sold some under the DSM Sports label. I don't think they flex the same because I saw a pic of the rear of a ski boot, and there is no spring, just a ride/ski lever. I think I have read here that Burton boots were also made by Dalbello, but I have nothing to back it up.

Deeluxe and Raichle are owned by Kneissl, but I don't think there is a link to Dalbello. If you look at Dynafit AT boots (owned by Kneissl), you'll see that the buckles are arranged in a manner similar to the new Track buckles.

On a sidenote, if anybody oldschool is reading this thread, look at what I found while googling the info: http://www.ukpallas.fi/kneissl.htm#BIG%20FOOT