Note to New Members ×

Mt Baker Legendary Banked Slalom

AndyYT316

Thanks! I'd usually check the website for info on the raffle around oct or nov and this year they had an online application for the raffle for the LBS. I just filled out the form online and hit submit! Sorry you missed applying online for the raffle! Maybe you could get in with the local qualifiers if you change your address and get a season pass to Mt Baker.

Lee...

I dont get your humor sometimes.

Ive been around since almost the first days, and it was simple called the Mt Baker Banked Slalom.

adding "legendary" sounds like a commercial. they should put "TM" in there, or maybe:

The Target Bank of America Lexapro Mt Banker Legendary Banked SlalomTM

It is a legend in itself. Snowboarding legends have also come and ridden the banked slalom. If you check the history of it, you'll see some past winners like Tom Sims, Ken Achenbach, Terje, Barfoot, and many others. If you can find a copy of the snowboard video "Platinum" I'd recommend watching it.

Hey andy, i may take a road trip to this competition. hope we can meet up? i know ill be meeting up with my old posse at lib tech (of whoever's left that hasn't been fired, quit, former workers, etc), too. i dont think ill be able to compete at all because from the looks of MLK weekend quailifier, im not sure if i'd be able to get by with -just- purchase of season pass.

post-97-141842222647_thumb.gif

well, sorta. What are you guys recomending to ride board-wise for this? Seein' as how I've lived here most all my life and have never done it, I may have to do the locals qualifier race on MLK day. Just fishin' for some suggestions...was thinking of my 160 Nitro SC or if it's snowing a freeride deck of some sort with TD2's, and my SB224's.

:rolleyes: well, did some phone calls. i may go for the MLK qualifiers too. Gotta cough up 600 bucks for mt baker pass. Wouldnt mind, because I was there during the "Year" with that insane record breaking snow fall depth -- 1200 inches. worth my money, id say.

Thanks guys! I'll definately rip it up and have a lot of fun! Just going to that race is so much fun! D-Sub, your pontificating is always welcome on here. Hey Lee, I'll totally meet up with you sometime that weekend! I hope you can make it in with the MLK qualifier. You'll have a lot of fun if you can make it in. Maybe we can go get some dinner at that italian place in Glacier near Mt Baker. The food is great there! You should totally try to get in on the lottery next year Kirk! I can't believe that was actually on tv back in 90/91! That must have been fun to watch. I'm not sure yet what board I'll ride in it yet. I remember the first time I did it, my boardercross board was a little stiff for the course, and I sometimes ran off into the deep powder stashes on the course. So I might take my boardercross board, and a softer flexing 159 twin tip. What I'll be riding will totally depend on the snow conditions. I probably won't be bringing my slalom board, but I'll take my fish for the deep powder days! Terje used the Fish back in '02 and did pretty good on it! Good luck riding the hardboot set up for the MLK qualifier Jon! Let me know how you do and how the hardboot set up is for the course.