Note to New Members ×

Help about TD2... :-)

RicHard

Hello everybody,

I would have a question concerning the TD2 bindings (step-in one).

On the back foot (problem is not on the front one), I notice that even if a put the toe back at the first holes (and the heel receiver in the right relative position to make the step-in close at the best), my boot has still the toe on the edge but the heel is inside the edge (if I reduce the binding angle to put the heel on its edge, the toe go outside its edge).

In other words, the boot seems to be shifted toward the toe, not centered on the board. I should move the toe (and the heel) of the binding back but I'm already at the forst holes.

Any suggestion? What could I di to shift more toward the heel the binding?

Thanks a lot,

regards.

Richard

You can flip the toe block around. I have size 25 MP and my wife, size 23 MP and we both do this. Basic instructions:

-Remove toe bail from toe block

-Remove toe block and turn 180 degrees

-Reattach toe block

-Reattach toe bail to toe block so that it faces the correct direction

I can provide more details tomorrow evening if you need and someone else doesn't beat me to it.

You can flip the toe block around. I have size 25 MP and my wife, size 23 MP and we both do this. Basic instructions:

-Remove toe bail from toe block

-Remove toe block and turn 180 degrees

-Reattach toe block

-Reattach toe bail to toe block so that it faces the correct direction

I can provide more details tomorrow evening if you need and someone else doesn't beat me to it.

What a wonderful news!

yes, I think I need more explaination to avoid making something wrong!

Hope that I can solve my problem! Ciao!

Ok, here goes.

Step one: Remove toe block.

Step two: Spin toe block so that the toe bail is now facing the heel bail

Step three:Remove heel bail

Step four: Replace heel bail so that it is facing the proper direction again

Step five: Replace toe block, tighten, and ride!

Hope this helps. My camera is down so I couldn't take pictures, but I'm sure someone else will.

Ok, finally, I've got it! Really strange trick but... if it works... ;-)

Just one question: does this affect the "safety" of the bindings?! I would not make something work in the opposite direction it has been engineered to work by default...

Is it safe? Any news from bomber? Strange that my 42 foot needs such trick... Just big feet, out there?!?! ;-)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

is that your snowboard is narrower where your rear foot toe is, and wider where your rear foot heel is, because of the flare of the sidecut. Your boot can be centered on the centerline of the board and appear not to be. It's an illusion. Some people "bias" their bindings so their toes and heels are both right on the edges. Realize that this requires offsetting your rear boot towards the heel and your front boot towards the toe, and then your boots are no longer centered on the centerline of the board. You may or may not notice any effect.

is that your snowboard is narrower where your rear foot toe is, and wider where your rear foot heel is, because of the flare of the sidecut.

You're right, I agree with you...

Opposite problem for the front foot.

Your boot can be centered on the centerline of the board and appear not to be. It's an illusion. Some people "bias" their bindings so their toes and heels are both right on the edges. Realize that this requires offsetting your rear boot towards the heel and your front boot towards the toe, and then your boots are no longer centered on the centerline of the board. You may or may not notice any effect.

Right, but I would like to be exactly on the edge to maximize the pressure without any overhang, mainly because I already am at 60 degrees on the back foot and, by putting the boot a little bit toward the heel, I could make my rear binding angle a little bit less (I prefer it)...

:-\

RicHard, I asked Fin a while ago if this was safe to do and he said, yes, it is part of the design.

I personally use the bias that Jack speaks of in my setup. If switch betwwen "biased" and "not biased" I can notice the difference for about two runs and then I acclimate and it is forgotten.

Sorry for the delay RicHard, just got back from a 4 day trip to Utah for some telemark on snow demos. Great snow but damn cold! :eek:

All the guys responses here are correct. Flipping the sole block is acceptable and does not effect the performance of the binding. It does allow you to go down to a crazy small size of boot if needed.

However, it is interesting that your 42 (M27?) foot needs this much bias? I am also a 42 (M27) and to center my boot I have never needed to do this. I have also set-up quite a few M27 boots over the years and not seen this as well.

One issue I have seen is that the concept of centering the boot is open for interpretation. What is considered proper over-hand of the boot? Everyone has their own idea on this. Then you through in the fact that you may or may not be using cant/lift and that can drastically change these perceived overhangs distances. As Jack mentioned, some people (myself included) even have the boots in different center positions to get the over hangs where we want them. Have not seen this an issue so far.

Bottom line what ever works for you. Try the sole block flip as the above guys have described and see how that goes and let us know.

(cut)...Bottom line what ever works for you. Try the sole block flip as the above guys have described and see how that goes and let us know.

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer!!! This sounds really relaxing, to my ears.

You are right: it also depends on the cant/lift you have...

Maybe my boots are shorter than 42 (my actual foot is 41) but I can assure I have to set the rear toe block at the first hole. Boh?!...

Anyway...I'll be back with the result but I'm quite convinced that everything is going fine because the difference is very very low (while toe is on th edge, heel is 5mm inside). Thanks a lot for your support, mainly beacuse I've just ordered another couple of Retro-Kit for the second TD2 couple I have! ;-)

Regards,

Richard.

Done! Absolutely perfect!

I have now my 55 degrees on the back foot with no overhang and toe/heels perfectly centered on their edge (what I was looking for).

Once more, I unmount the TD2 Intec and they are really an artistic creation. It's always a pleasure, to play with them; there should be a version for the children since it's really a fun to assemble the right setup! :-)

Unfortunately, it's too expencive to buy them from Europe. Otherwise... it would be a secure success here.

Regards.

Richard.