Note to New Members ×

F2 intec step in users

Bobby Buggs

I always throw a split stainless lock washer in the mix mostly because the stock panhead are knureled(Correct word?). Just take the stock bolt to the hardware store and match thread length on a stainless M6 bolt and washer in a pan head.

Its the screw size I am pretty sure it means the screw is 6mm in diameter. I am just quessing the thread count but I beleive it is 28.

At the hardware store the drawer should say M6 by what ever length you need. Check that the threads match. Good luck. I have rarely been skunked trying to find some just about any good store.

Its the screw size I am pretty sure it means the screw is 6mm in diameter. I am just quessing the thread count but I beleive it is 28.

At the hardware store the drawer should say M6 by what ever length you need. Check that the threads match. Good luck. I have rarely been skunked trying to find some just about any good store.

You are right, M6 is Metric 6 mm diameter. As for the thread "count", the threads are 1.0 mm apart, meaning there are 25.4 threads per inch. Hence the name M6-1.0

Lovk washers are indeed a good idea generally, but I don't know about this situation specifically.

If you can find stainless M6x1.0 in a hardware store, you guys are lucky because I have to go at a specialized retailer (where I live) in order to find some.

Yup still in one piece and looking to get out and make some turns.

As for you screw it looks like a M6 phillips machine screw with a pan head. The length that you need is the length of the threaded portion from uder the head. I can't tell that from your picture.

You can either get the phillips pan head or you could subsitute a hex cap screw like the one in the picture below. If you let me know the length of threaded portion then I can let you know exactly what bolt you need to order and if you order it tonight, you should have it by Friday.

->Ben

post-10-141842222139_thumb.gif