Note to New Members ×

Will Intec-heels for Raichle/DeeLuxe fit on BLAX hardboots?

gTa

Hi Bombers!

I'm new here, i registrated yesterday, because i need your opinions on something.

I have a pair of BLAX Ingemar hardboots, and i like'm, they're great.

I'm planning of upgrading my alpine board (a 165 Burton Coil) to something stiffer & bigger, probably it will be a F2 Silberpfeil 172. Since i'm 1m87 and i weigh some 88 kgs, i think i'll be able to use that length.

On ebay Germany, there are some (new) boards that come with the F2 Intec Titan Flex bindings, and they have the heel pieces (Germans call those "Absätze", i think).

But ... will those heel pieces fit on my Blax boots? Have Blax (Head) and DeeLuxe (Raichle) the same heelpieces?

I took some pics of the heel pieces. Maybe that will help.

DSC02364.JPG

DSC02365.JPG

DSC02366.JPG

DSC02367.JPG

Second question.

I bought my 165 Coil three years ago, when i weighed something about 78 to 80 kgs. I'm 1m87 tall. It suited me perfectly, and i learned to extremecarve on that board.

Now i'm kind of tired of it, since it hasn't got the amazing edge hold of a real raceboard. I can manage the coil perfectly, it hasn't got any secrets anymore for me.

Do you guys think that the Silberpfeil is a good option for me? Won't it be to "soft", shouldn't i immediately go for a 177 or 183 GS board? I weigh almost 90kgs now, so...

Unfortunately, the exotic brands like Virus and Donek and Madd are not an option here, i'm from Belgium and you have to look very hard here to even find a shop that knows these brands, let alone you find such a board. So i'm "stuck" with ebay (Germany, mostly), but that's okay for me since there are plenty of F2 Speedsters and Völkl Renntigers and other "mainstream" things to find. So it has to be one of those.

What do you guys would advise me? (i'm 1m87 and weigh 90kgs)

• F2 Silberpfeil 172
  • F2 Speedster RS ... (size ?)
  • Völkl Renntiger ... (size ?)

It's not the high speeds i'm looking for, but more the slower, very low extremecarve turns. The board must be "adequate" for going down the slopes with (good) skiers too, the group i'm with all the time are skiers only (but they ski very well).

I'm desperately needing your guys' expert opinion here !

Thanks for your time & advice. ;-)

should fit, with the head boots you have to do a little grinding to make the intec TD2 work with them and the blax stuff is pretty much the same as head other than the liner

I'm too lazy to do the search but someone on here posted pictures of what you have to do to make the shell not collide with the top of the td2 receiver

at 88 kg you can ride most boards in comfort, I'd go for a speedster, there are weight ranges on the f2 site

GTA, why don't you look into a Swoard made by the Extremecarving guys.

I cant comment on your boots as I do not know, but looking at the pictures, I would say yes, Intec will fit. It even looks like the shells had been on an intec reciever as there is wear on the boot by the binding surface.

• 2 weeks later...

And indeed, they fit. :biggthump

The Silberpfeil 172 and the Intec plates and heel pieces arrived yesterday, and i've already fitted them. They fit perfectly!

Thanks for the advice on that part. :1luvu:

One extra question :

When putting in the boots, they were a bit loose around the heel. The pins are smaller than the holes in the bindings, and i could move the boots a little forward and back, and wobble them from left to right a bit. The heel bottom does not touck the binding.

I've put more tension on the front screw, so that the pins of the heel pieces push against the backside of the holes in the bindings.

Is that the right way to do it? Or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks. ;)

Gilles

(Belgium)