Note to New Members ×

I screwed up!

bjvircks

I bought a helmet from a gal and it is not what was advertised.

She said it was a new Giro Fuse with T-U II but it really is an old nine.9 with troubled T-U I (intermittent short at earpiece plug) and 3 epoxy filled holes along the 'eyebrow' of the outer shell that look like a visor attachment. Also has some very noticeable shell scuffs and a gouge on the interior. It was missing the 'snow plugs' that Giro uses to keep snow out of the vents.

In a respectful manner I explained all of this.

She continues to tell me she did not misrepresent the helmet. I sent her photos of my trusty, beat up, ready for retirement Fuse sitting next to her helmet. She said (to paraphrase) 'It is a Fuse, just not the same year as yours. I haven't worn it, therefore it is new'

I've accepted the fact that my $$ is gone. What thoroughly astounds me is that she rejects fact after fact after fact. If she was scamming me wouldn't she most likely just stop responding? If she was scamming me wouldn't she have sent me something like a brick?

I suspect she cannot admit to herself she has made a mistake, and now that she has some 'Christmas present' money in her hands she cannot let go.

It started on ebay but moved into a private transaction.

I tried to get her to offer it to me thru ebay's '2nd chance' offering so it would fall within ebay's protection.

The red flag to me should have been when she did not know about that, did not know how to do it, etc etc.

I should have just walked away. :smashfrea

I'm withholding the auction # from BOL in hopes this may resolve. If it does not it may be 'FLAME ON' folks

some people can never admit that they are wrong!

Ain't that the truth! Good thing I never made any mistakes, not ever!:rolleyes:

What can be frightening is when a fragile psyche faces something significant that it wants to deal with but cannot. Sometimes those personalities go 'hyper-spritiual'

Hi Dave the helmet is a Giro small, best I can tell the color is 'anthracite' kind of a real dark gray metal flake. I did some further fiddling around with the Tune-Ups wires and think I found the intermittent short... Just didn't have the earpiece connector inserted all the way, it was buried inside the fabric. NOT MY FAULT!!!:rolleyes:

I suspect your gal needs a XS

I'm even considering moving the T-U over to my old helmet, but the earpads are completely different. I'd have to cut the speakers out of the NINE earpieces and somehow insert then into my Fuse earpieces.