Note to New Members ×

OT: Bathroom Tile Grout Process ?

fishrising

If the grout is still sound but just discoloured, you can actually buy a product and just recolour it - a bit like painting. It's a bit pricey but a lot less hassle than digging it all out, and it works surprisingly well.

If it needs to come out, the new stuff should be dry in 8-12 hours. How long you have to wait for the sealer depends on the sealer you get - some of them "breathe" so you can put them on while it's still damp, and some of them are a permanent seal so they have to be dry. If you want to be using the shower again ASAP, get a breathing one. The tile shop can point you in the right direction.

RTFM. ;)

Depends on the grout, usually about a day to cure, possibly 12 hours. But it will say so in the directions on the tub of grout. Same for the sealer.

I recently used some "all in one" grout/adhesive for a tile project and a week later I can still dent it with my fingernail. So I wouldn't recommend that stuff.

Hey, get my board out of your avatar! :)