Note to New Members ×

The secret weapon

Guest hreiter

...that the ConShox and Tinkler Plates are all about damping and energy return. Your bindings can still cause a "flat" spot in the boards flex profile (as seen from the side). The Hangl system is more about allowing a consistent flex pattern - like the current "floating" ski bindings do.

Phil, anything to add to this? You've talked with people who use it in real racing conditions.

to the catek folks for about some stuff and I got a little valuable info about the above setup with the rubber

from catek: Until recently, Jasey Jay Andersen was using big slabs of rubber between his feet to quiet the board – something like 8 pounds of rubber for really hard, icy courses. In softer courses, he sometimes uses a very thin rubber layer between the mounting disc and the board. The new D3 elastomers that we are using on the new FR2 (and which will be available for use with the OS2) are in response to that thin rubber layer. The D3 elastomers will provide a more quiet ride and in particular will offer more protection for the titanal race boards, which have developed the reputation for being particularly fragile.

I'm in the process of putting a complete parts list online. The D3 elastomers will be among those items. I'd love to say that everything will be online in a week, but two is probably more realistic. If your swank new Coiler comes in before then, drop me an email and we'll get you set up.

FYI: Something else that's pretty common is for racers to put a 3-5mm Lexan spacer between the board and binding to help eliminate point loading of the titanal. This is with any binding, be it a "flexy" or not.

Scott

untill I get my hands on one of these crazy plate systems it looks like I'm gonna be playing with the D3s under my cateks and the suspension kit for the td2

the H/S plates have been developed for boards with Titanal layers. We recommend them for being installed to SG RACE decks. Also the Kesslers use them, as Kessler boards do have Titanal layers.

The important fact is whether there is a Titanal layer or not.

Conditions:

One set of H/S plates would cost 240 Euros ex factory in Switzerland. Delay of delivery is two weeks. Usually the shipping is done by UPS or FEDEX, then the standard tarifs would be added plus the custom for importig it in your country.

I hope this information is useful to you. If you have more questions, we will try to answer them.

Best regards

Elisabeth

SG SNOWBOARDS

Tomahakws also use titanal plates... and their recent boards are pretty awesome!