Note to New Members ×

Mondo boot sizing !?

jp1

Another newbi here, going nuts with 'Mongo' ! Accorrding to what I read in the 'boot fitting' section, my foot measures 10.5"X 2.54=26.6 Mondo. I know I have a WIDE foot (4 E) and must have tried on 20 ski boots before I found one that fit. It ended up being a Technica TNT Explosion 8, size 9 1/2 US / 44 Euro (God only knows how many Mongo's that is), and according to all the reviews I read that boot had a 'NARROW LAST' !! I wear Burton Driver SI, size 10 soft boots (SWEET). My problem is,I see all kinds of listings from people looking for 26.5 / 8.5, 26 / 8, 27.5 /9. How can this be if I'm a 26.6 (rounded down to 26.5) and a size 9 1/2 to 10 ?? I assuming the BEST BET is to try the boots on ? GREAT, I'm in New Jersey, probably isn't anyone that deals with Alpine gear for 200 miles?! Does anyone know the closest Alpine area? Stratton, Vt. seems to be an area mentioned a lot here, are their shops there that would have Alpine gear / Boots to try on? I learned in the past BOOTS are the 'MOST' important investment. Thanks for any help, as 'SOME' of you already know I'll be pestering you in the future !!!!!

Looking for a board and bindings also, 5'11", 220 lbs.

Thanks-------------John

Your Mondo size is simply the length of your foot in centimeters. 1" = 2.54cm. So if your foot is 11", then you would be a 27.94cm or 28 Mondo size. GL finding some good fitting boots. I personally recommend Raichle/Deeluxe.

Matt

I live in eastern PA and am challenged by the same lack of hardboot selection that you are. They are very few and far between. There were a couple of places in the Poconos that had hard boots at one time. There may still be a couple of pairs buried deep in the back room of some ski shop somewhere in the Poconos but I doubt it. I too have been recently shopping for hardboots. I just came back from the Mount Snow/Stratton area and went to the Starting Gate shop. They have a full line of Deeluxe and Head boots. I bought the Head Stratos Pro. I wear a 9.5 shoe width D. The boots I bought are a Mondo 27.5. I got the same exact fit in a pair of Deeluxe Indy boots in the Mondo 27.0. So just like shoes the size may vary slightly. Your best bet may be to measure your foot, take a chance and order a pair from bomber. If they fit- great. If they don't, I think they have a really good return/exchange policy on boots. Good luck.

Guest g1ngerrevolution

I'm in the same boat; In Jersey, no shops.

I've taken the plunge & just ordered some from 28 Mondo from BOL. I'll let you know what their return policy is like (if it comes to that!)

Guest AllMountain

i just went thru this process.

traced both feet with a pencil held vertically. measured the resulting outlines at their maximum length and took the larger of my 2 feet, which was betw 29.5 and 30.0 centimeters (don't remember the exact measurement).

ordered mondo 29.0 head stratos pros from startingate ($400). boots seemed like the right length (1 to 1.5 fingers clearance in the shell with liner removed) but felt very painfully narrow in the big-toe area. took them to a highly-recommended boot fitter and had custom-molded footbeds made ($150) and the toe widened and liners heat-molded ($20).

they felt a bit tight the first couple of days. a couple days more, and they're feeling good. perhaps they will end up too loose after a season or two, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. for now, they're great.

it was a little scary performing surgery on a $400 item, knowing that they would no longer be returnable, but not knowing for sure that they would work out, but it has turned out for the best.