Note to New Members ×

New season, New Bindings

xsport652

I am looking for a new pair of bindings. Last season i bought a k2 recon riser and loved it to death. But my Drake F60's are slacking and are about 4 years old. I am a hard carver for still using a soft boot setup. I do want something stiff But i will be riding on them for days at a time so I dont know if a carbon back would be too much. Also I dont know if a toe/cap strap would give me some drag when carving. I am wearing size 12's on the recon riser with no drag now except for the heelside.

This is about as far over or more as ill go.

here

and here

Any suggestions

Thanks.

catek freeride pros.
Hey, sweet! Those pictures are of me on my freestyle setup. Here is a photo of my trying to launch over that small tree (nearly ran into the tree). I would not recommend the Burton P1MDs I'm riding there for pure carving, they are extremely flexy.

Wow Pow, did you get a pair of Catek FR2 in addition to your second Pogo? :biggthump The Cateks will be the stiffest, hardest carving binding you can get, it has a built-in riser so you should be able to lay down some hard heelside without drag. Since you are a bigger guy, the weight and NVH should be non-issues.

Another option is the Nidecker 900s. Not quite as stiff, but still stiffer than most bindings out that (definitely more than you Drakes). Also has a built in riser to help with boot drag. The key thing about Nideckers is that they all have a EVA-foam pad under their bindings which really smooth out any chop/vibrations coming out from the board.

I am kind of apprehensive about the cateks. Just because I have heard that a big foot does not fit that great in them. I am wearing size 12 salomons now and I am going to upgrade salomons this year to the f series to maybe bring the size of my foot down a little. Also all of the adjustments seem to be a little intimidating. Cateks are looking pretty expensive too. My k2 recon riser I am riding on now already has 6mm of lift built into the board with 2 of the 6mm being for cushioning. I wonder if the cushioning under the nideckers will be too much cush under me combined with the 2mm on the board. Also is there suck thing as too much lift on a soft boot setup? Other wise I am really liking the nideckers.

Any other suggestions for bindings?

Also any boots that will help me bring my shoe size down a little besides salomon F series?

Are salomons boots fitting alright into the nideckers and cateks?

Really thanks a lot guys I know I am asking a lot.

p.s. yea i was looking through the forums and i saw ur pictures thinking "thats a great example"

I am kind of apprehensive about the cateks. Just because I have heard that a big foot does not fit that great in them. I am wearing size 12 salomons now and I am going to upgrade salomons this year to the f series to maybe bring the size of my foot down a little. Also all of the adjustments seem to be a little intimidating. Cateks are looking pretty expensive too. My k2 recon riser I am riding on now already has 6mm of lift built into the board with 2 of the 6mm being for cushioning. I wonder if the cushioning under the nideckers will be too much cush under me combined with the 2mm on the board. Also is there suck thing as too much lift on a soft boot setup? Other wise I am really liking the nideckers.

Also any boots that will help me bring my shoe size down a little besides salomon F series?

p.s. yea i was looking through the forums and i saw ur pictures thinking "thats a great example

p.s. yea i was looking through the forums and i saw ur pictures thinking "thats a great example

Salomon boots fit Nideckers and Cateks pretty well. Nideckers with you K2 recon will give you a lot of cushioning... I don't really know what that will be like. A lot of cushion and a lot of riser might give you a disconnected feeling from the snow, but that's just my guess. Too much riser will give you too much leverage on the board and might cause you to overpower the board. I can't say for sure.

a size ten DC is the same length as my burton drivers

some of the salomon stuff is short too

^unless its a ruler:lol: those boots are like riding with casts on. the driver x is much more compact, with more freerider goodies:biggthump

^unless its a ruler:lol: those boots are like riding with casts on. the driver x is much more compact, with more freerider goodies:biggthump

yeah, I was speaking more of the high end stuff, driver, hail, ion and those real expensive ones the SL or something like that

the moto and ruler are crap