Note to New Members ×

Snowperformance camp @ Sun Peaks

Mike T

I had SOOOOO much fun at last year's one. I'm envious.

We did the same camp two years ago and had a blast as well. Cool thing is, it was my wife who first brought up the idea about going back! Last year she did 90% soft, 10% plates while I did the opposite. But we're both going to do some NASTAR this year and she wanted some more training wo we're going again :biggthump

I have thought about it once, but price seems too much for me after including airfair, ground transportation, and etc,,,

Is camp worth the every penny?

Having gone two years ago I can say that you definitely learn a lot while you are at the camp, the mountain and conditions are great, and the ambiance from having a group of carvers all together is really awesome. I found it to be a great pre-Christmas vacation.

Of course, ~$1200 is a lot of money to be paying for 4 days. It really depends on where you are in your riding abilities and how much access you have to good mountains and more importantly good alpine snowboard instructors. If you already have a season pass to some place and know of a good instructor that you can get 5-6 private lessons spread out over season for the same price, then I woudl say that might be the more "cost effective" way to do things. Still wouldn't be as fun though.

It is sweet. We had the best carving conditions I've ever ridden on last year. Immaculate grooming, empty runs, awesome terrain and three bluebird days (it snowed on the last day). And the people were the best part of all.

Is this camp is worth every penny? Hell yes. My riding improved 110% in 3 days, and it made my season.

I have been talking to Brett and he is hoping to teach / coach up there this season.

If that turns out to be the case, he'll likely be tapped as one of the coaches.

He is a dedicated alpine rider from the day and would be an amazing instructor, if you got him.

His entertainment value alone would be worth the price of admission.