Note to New Members ×

Watch Out: Noobie Here

Guest TheBombingFool

Guest TheBombingFool

Heya all!

I can't wait for next season for I am gonna give up on my "snowblades"/"skiboards" and try snowboarding (alpine, of course) my friend is doing it, and I want to also, so if I can get some help that would be awesome! Thanks all

Can you borrow your friend's board for a day to try it out? You could use your ski boots. That would at least get you a taste of it before you spend a lot of money.

After you decide you like it, watch the Bomber classifieds and www.ebay.com for good deals. I've spent about $300 for my board, bindings, and boots. I need to upgrade the board eventually, but it's good enough to get started and to feel the G's.

Also, read all that you can about getting started in snowboarding. The more you read and can visualize, the less you will hurt after the first day.

Guest Randy S.

Dude,

You should stay on the snowblades for sure! Those things rock! Why bother switching to Alpine? You can carve like crazy on those babies, plus they fit in a back pack. What more could you want? I especially like the ones shaped like feet, with toes and all.

If I were you, I'd check out an awesome mountain near you called McIntyre. It is in Manchester and it rocks. If that's a little too much for you, then drive down to Connecticut to a place called Powder Ridge (it may have a different name now).

Guest TheBombingFool

Corey: I like that idea, but my friend *cough* Justin A. *cough* won't let me, cuz he doesn't want any deaths on his board

Randy: I wanna Alpine because I love racing, and I can't get nearly as much speed on the blades than on a board

Gawd: I'm way too lazy to go down to NY for skiing...unless if I go w/ friends, but thank you for the idea ^_^

Justin: *shakes fist*

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by TheBombingFool

Randy: I wanna Alpine because I love racing, and I can't get nearly as much speed on the blades than on a board

So just get longer blades. Oh, those are called skis. :confused: We don't really need any more alpine riders. There seem to be a whole slew of newbies coming out this season. It is going to dilute the exclusivity of the club and make me un-unique again. :D I started out unique because I was riding a snowboard, then everyone else got into it while I was switching to hard boots. If there's a resurgence in the hard boot community, BOL will become much less fun!

Definitely get to McIntyre, the steeps are incredible.;)

Guest Randy S.

In High School I actually raced at McIntyre a couple of times. They had to start the race right at the very top and run it to the very bottom just to get the race to last more than 20 seconds. Mostly we raced and practiced at Pats Peak, that was actually a good place to learn to race. My school had 240 kids in grades 7-12 and we actually had a pretty good ski team. All this was in the days before break-away poles, ouch. Ingemar Stenmark was THE MAN at the time. I'm getting so old. :(