Note to New Members ×

Longboard!!!

Buell

... on this looks like paua shell (NZ abalone).

When I was in NZ I went to the National Museum, and in the art section they had a surfboard that was made totally of paua, and it was COOL. Apparently the artist is working on a snowboard next - can't wait to see that one!

Gorgeous board, by the way...

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 105092" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Rob Stevens</TD><TD class=alt2>If you got on the stomp pad thing from my comment on the noboard pad, you should all look at trying your big boards with NO BINDINGS.

This stomp pad talk is strange... who cares if you cover a bit of your graphics... at least you'll be able to hang on the traverses, as Bordy points out.

The noboard pad replaces the bindings, but if you don't want to commit like that, put a stomp pad behind each binding and stand on them with both feet out for good times.

Bring a leg rope, or you'll be walking home.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

No bindings? Kind of defeats the purpose of this entire web site don't you think? Maybe we should just get rid of all our equipment and go for a hike!

Saaawwweeeet Woodie Buell!

You should put an asterisk beside your screen name there VonRipping-onlyintheprescribedmanner-ton.

I thought the purpose of this site was talking about snowboarding?

I'm sure some of these swallowtails and longboards are going to be set up with soft boots, too. Is this too far out of line? If you had any idea how good no binding riding is in pow, you wouldn't be s#!tting on it.

If you want to beat up on another way of sliding down the mountain, maybe you should go back to the Soviet Union... Oh wait... they're toast and their special brand of oppression along with them.

:flamethro

This is probably fuel for another thread... definitely no need to speak on it here again.

I do want one of those sweeeeet woodies myself... I only have a morning one right now.

• 4 weeks later...
... on this looks like paua shell (NZ abalone).

When I was in NZ I went to the National Museum, and in the art section they had a surfboard that was made totally of paua, and it was COOL. Apparently the artist is working on a snowboard next - can't wait to see that one!

Gorgeous board, by the way...

sorry to dig up an old thread, but i found the surfboard mentioned here and it was so cool that i couldnt resist sharing. 48-PauaShellSurfboard.JPG i wonder how it rides?

DiveBomber, if you are referring to the snowboard: http://www.pogo.biz/shop/product_category_displayE.php?cPath=24_45&language=en

Pow, that surfboard is quite an art piece!

when you convert the prices to USD, it shows the board costs $1,120.37USD. however, when you become a "member" and log in (completely free) the price drops to $965.84USD. It's still a large sum of money to fork over, and the shippings going to cost a bundle too, but at least you get a $150 discount:)