Note to New Members ×

Deck Suggestions

djtrussny

What's up everybody.

I'm getting a new deck soon and need some help. I have been hard booting for 4 years and have been riding some 154 Liquid board the whole time. I'm a very aggressive rider and want a Donek race board. Because of different cuts available I can't make up my mind. More/less sidecut.....what does that translate to on the snow? How long can I go (I'm big on stability)?. I'm 6'4" and about 175lbs. Hook it up guys. Thanks

What's up everybody.

I'm getting a new deck soon and need some help. I have been hard booting for 4 years and have been riding some 154 Liquid board the whole time. I'm a very aggressive rider and want a Donek race board. Because of different cuts available I can't make up my mind. More/less sidecut.....what does that translate to on the snow? How long can I go (I'm big on stability)?. I'm 6'4" and about 175lbs. Hook it up guys. Thanks

If you like stability and want a Donek then go for one of the GS models. Sean @ Donek can help you pick the right one basedon your boot size and weight. I bet the GS 180 or the GS Hyuno 180 would be a good choice - I am 20 pounds your senior with size 25 MP boots and went with the Tucker 04 180 which is the same overall shape as those two only narrower and stiffer. It's brand new, can't wait to ride it. Mine has a huge amount of camber - wohhoo!

If you don't want a full-on GS deck then the FC 175 could be a good choice. I have that one as well. The 11.75m sidecut is confortable but quite stable.

If you can afford it I highly recommend the Olympic construction as it gives a less jarring ride on bumpy hardpack and is very confidence-inspiring on ice.

What's up everybody.

Wow, 154 is incredibly short for your height. You can definitely afford to got QUITE a bit longer. I'm 5'9" 150 lbs and I ride 170-174cm alpine boards, so you are looking in the 175-180 range as your height is offset by your weight. Mike T knows better than me what to recommend. For sidecut, the longer the sidecut, the bigger the radius of turn the board is going to want to do naturally - in general this usually means it will be more stable at speed. Your 154 could not have had much more than a 9m sidecut, so I would suggest anything in the 11-13m range but that's just me. I'm a shorter sidecut person as I like manueverable boards at medium speed. If you love pointing it the board down on a very shallow carve... feel free to get a bigger sidecut. My friend Randy S has a 205cm Donek and when we ride together we make $ on the snow (I'm the S, he's the |) :biggthump

Don't mean to drag this on. What about the Factory Primes on Klug riding. 168 Factory Prime soft flex? To soft/short? I wanted to call and ask some questions about the deck but there is no contact info on the site for me to find. Anyone order from here and have any good/bad feedback? Thanks in advance!