Note to New Members ×

Just Ordered a Donek! And I'm new here.

jnshapiro

First off, I'm new here. James Ong is responsible for it. Blame him :freak3:

Here's a little history...

Started skiing when I was 6 (38 now). For many years, not a year went by when I didn't spend several days on the slopes. One year I spent over 70 days on the slopes. Blew out a knee (OUCH!).

The knee healed and I found skiing just flat out hurt. In a quest to stay on the snow, I tried snowboarding. Loved it! No knee pain. Went hardshell and plates right from the get go (I hate the floppy, loose feeling of soft boots). Started on a Burton M6. Not a bad board at the time, especially for the east coast ice pack.

Then we bought a house (1997 here). Just before we moved in (April, '98) we took a 2 week blast trip to Jackson Hole. I love that mountain! We also rode at Grand Targhee. Had a great time. Lots of pow, lots of carving. Went snowmobiling too.

Then life got in the way. Haven't been on a mountain since that trip to Jackson. We moved out here to the Sacramento, CA area a few years back. This year, we're finally in a position to get out again. So I asked around and James suggested Donek. Gave Sean a call and ordered an Axxess in 172cm. Also some TD2 bindings. My old Raichle boots still fit, and fit well. No plans to change boots.

I'm really looking forward to getting back out on the slopes! Especially with a new board.

Nice going with the Donek. Hope you have a great season! Be sure to browse around here and check out the tech articles. Perhaps try some practice drills. There are articles on binding setup too, which will help with your TD2s. And our friendly crew of regulars here are always ready to help.

Have fun!

Hugh, I agree with you about James. He's been very helpful and a real good guy (not to mention a heck of a shooter :AR15firin). With any luck, maybe I'll get to spend a day on the snow with him this season.

This board is a great resource. Lots of really good info here. I'm sure I'll refer to the binding setup pages when the board gets here in 6 weeks or so.

Joel

Welcome Joel,

Congrats on ordering the new Donek, i'm sure you will love it. I rode some of their demo boards last year and i'll probably be ordering myself one this season. James is a great rider, there are quite a few of us that carve at Mt. Rose, hopefully you can make it up there sometime.

Randy

Greets from the nothernmost end of the Sac Valley!! You've tapped into a top-shelf resource. Nothing but great people, great advice and good laughs! I trust that James has also turned you on to TC - another great site. If you head north on the 5, drop me a line and maybe we can make some runs.

p.s. I love my Donek FCII w/ TDII SI's and Raichle's :biggthump