Note to New Members ×

I'm going to GENEVA!!!

skipuppy

I used to hitchhike to Geneva and back from a ski area called Flaine. Its about 2 hrs by car and so easy to hitch to.

I hope the Euros get some early season snow for your sake. If I were you, I'd stick around those extra two weeks and ski there. The conditions may only be so-so, but you'll have a blast.

Also be sure to keep in touch with the Euro friends you make. They could be invaluable if you decide to be a ski bum after you finish up at Brandeis. Believe me, I know this from experience.

Puppy,

That looks like the Matterhorn - not near Geneva really. You are much more likely to do your skiing in France. Chamonix, Trois Vallees (Meribel, Val Thorens, Courcheval), Tignes/Val d'Isere, etc. are all relatively close to Geneve.

Just a tip: If you go out in a boat on the lake, don't get too close to the Jet d'eau. Just ask my mom. You'll get very wet and have a tough time getting away from it. She did it when she was an exchange student back in the late 50's.

Have a blast over there!!! I spent a week there in 2003 and didn't want to come home. If you do get to Zermatt take your board to the top of the Klein Matterhorn and cruise over the border into Cervinia.

27wx5dw.jpg

I'm going to Davos this coming February.

get in touch with Patrice..; he lives in Geneva and is at Zinal almost everyweek end... :)

hmmm downside is he is single ;) but that shouldn't stop you from contacting him ( ec.com forum / pm)... he is a nice chap and a great snowboard instructor.

Nils

pat: try to join our zinal meeting early feb! dates are known i believe second or first feb week end