Note to New Members ×

places to long board in Denver

snowboardfast

I haven't done it in years, but my friend and I used to skate the DCPA garage from midnight to 3 am on friday and saturday night. It's great cause you have a free ride up in the elvator. Who knows if the security guards still let you do it, but it would be worth a try.

I haven't done it in years, but my friend and I used to skate the DCPA garage from midnight to 3 am on friday and saturday night. It's great cause you have a free ride up in the elvator. Who knows if the security guards still let you do it, but it would be worth a try.

yeah we used to do the same in the San Diego Concourse parking garage...10th floor to the 2nd with a ramp up to the 3rd floor elevator...lift serviced longboarding :biggthump

Thanks Mario! I took posession this past monday and I'll be moving next week. Lot's of work ahead of me...I'm right down the street @ 37th and Decatur.

Let me know when your around and we'll hook up for that beer (or five) and I'll bring my Loaded Vanguard for you to try...it's fun!

Give me a ring (or any other Denver riders that want to go for a skate)

six oh three-nine three zero-two five eight two

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...

Watch out for laser detection in the garages. It should be at the bottom somewhere. I remember having to duck to avoid a security station as well.

In my neighborhood in Golden we have some decent hills, however nothing very fast and the road is split in areas. Someone was telling me about a place along the side of I-70, I think around Wheatridge, however I haven't checked it out and it would probably need sweeping. I know a good spot in Evergreen, provided your wheels are soft enough.

Someone is welcome to try my setup, it's not a longboard, though (Turner GS/Hybrid medium flex with Tracker Extracks hangars, not sure what baseplates, Stimulator bushings - the outer bushings are trimmed to fit, and Avalons). It's a fast setup, but very fun and pump-able.

• 2 weeks later...

Mario,

Pretty sure I can meet up with you Sat. morning @ Invesco...my friend Billy (hardbooter.com) and his wife Christy are coming from Utah for the weekend and he's gonna have one of his longboards too.

(now where did I put those pads??)

I'll give you a ring later today...

Rusty

at invesco. there is a supermoto thing going on friday and sat. The longboard route map that Gecko talked about earlier shows that the 30's between federal and lipan are good streets. Call me on my cell with any other ideas, 303-210-9742

mario

Hi guys,

I do not get to Denver much but if I do I'll bring the Stik. If you come over toward Glenwood we can try to hook up. I have a 1/2 mile run outside my door. Basically I ride from the driveway and go. The run is right in town on a lightly used street. It starts out at about 10 degrees (d) for 70/80 yds then gently flattens to a second roll at an average of 8(d) for another 70/100 yds then rolls out to about 4(d) and then I take a hard left back to 8(d) and then right back to about 4(d) to the finish. Not overly challenging but it is my front yard so it's fun and there is potential to change it all up since the street has many intersections to bank off of or to just hop over to the next street. The kids around here sometimes bomb it straight and fast but me going on 48, I like to shred it up with turns. Plenty wide enough to bank a turn completely back up hill to bank back downhill again. The Stik is good at that.

So if you come this way bring the board and give me a call 970-948-3348. Be aware I do not usually answer the phone much but I check the messages frequently.

JoelP

That was a fun session on Saturday...

If anyone is interested, the streets in my neighborhood(Denver Highlands, east of Federal on 33-37th) have a nice pitch and very little traffic. We even had some fun on some freshly treated asphalt in the Masonic Temple parking lot.

RAIN!!! prevented my skating this weekend so instead I bought a 5'x5' sheet of 9ply Baltic Birch and spent the weekend days in my garage cutting skateboard shapes. I made a GS board and started working on a SL, a copy of a Gravity Mini Carve, an LDP and maybe a super long board (55"-60"). The GS board I stained a red wine color, clear coated and gripped and is awaiting trucks (Indy 109's) and wheels (Seismic Hotspots). The others are are awaiting the next crappy day to get more work and maybe finished. I think I'm gonna tear my popsicle's apart and use the trucks and bearings with some of my new creations