Note to New Members ×

Boot Liner Care

Pow

This is sort of a stupid question, but ive been wondering for a while now what to do if you get your boot liners dirty or they start to smell really bad? Is there a way to clean the liners, should you just let em smell, or do you throw them away at that point and get new ones? FYI, my liners dont smell, im just wondering what i should do if they do get smelly.

I tryed a bunch of things for my old suzuka liners ( they were nasty ) ,

The best and easiest result was Dr Scholls sneaker treater( borrowed it from the work sneeks), a quick squirt at the end of the day lasts about two riding days for me peak season, daily in the spring wet conditions.

Havent tryed it yet but the local Hockey store has an ozone chamber, about the size to do a full goalie bag of gear( pads skates etc), apparently kills the bacteria that cause the smell, costs about twenty bucks, not sure of the long term effects on plastic/pvc/nylon etc by ozone.

Dave*

Same thing, spray bottle, mix water and bleech (chlorine), spray, dry, go happy... You can add a bit of Fabreeze, too, for nice scent.

Vineger and bleech kill bacteria and even more important - fungus. One works on the acidic and other on alcaline end of spectrum.

Boris

I might add - during the season I kept my boots on a Peet shoe dryer (room-temp forced air) while not in use. Not only did my boots feel nice and dry every time out, but they stayed odor-free all winter and spring long - nice side benefit!