Note to New Members ×

Bomber Skatepark Outing

Gecko

not that I don't like Catek (or it's forum) because I do and I ride OS1's but my account is lock out over there and I can't get it reopened for some reason (I've tried). Besides Bomber has way more traffic with the eastcoast locals :biggthump.

I've got a couple of spare boards, 33" popcycles and an oldschool poolboard and I think I even have a set of Boneless kneepads kicking around that I can lend out to folks.

yeah Dsub I know the feeling I usually look like I'm going to war when I skate masonite, wrist & ankle, braces knee & elbow pads, helmet, gloves...compared to concrete on which I usually leave out the helmet, elbow pads and one ankle brace. But there are things you can't do on concrete that you can on wood so I try to find some every once in a while

you wear less padding on masonite?

its not the masonite..or concrete...in my case...I just dont trust me on a skateboard anymore.

I think I have a balance center problem. I really need to see a doctor. but...Ive skated a 12' half with 2' vert when I was a kid. just grinds and slides and stuff...never all that good, but the though of that now? hell no

Id still drop into a snake run though and probably tear right through

No!!!! more pading on masonite less padding on concrete. While concrete is less forgiving of mistakes, Masonite is less forgiving of lost board control :smashfrea.

hey Tex? I forget where in Conn do you live? There are some good parks (free) here and there across the state

not that I don't like Catek (or it's forum) because I do and I ride OS1's but my account is lock out over there and I can't get it reopened for some reason (I've tried).

It happened to me during the winter. I wrote to Jeff and the admin said that my IP address was in a range they banned to prevent spam, so they corrected the situation and all is back to normal. So try writing to Jeff by email and it should be corrected.

well here is one of the places I look for parks. Sloppy Sam's Breaking Ground (Sam Batterson) out of Providence, has been building a lot of Concrete parks in CT/MA/RI (more than is listed on his site. He's responsible for alot of the work in Groton

groton_ct_skatepark1.jpg

and Whiterock

westerly_skatepark1.jpg

which are my two home parks and his first park on his own was Jamestown, which I plan on skating friday afternoon if the weather holds

jamestown_skatepark5.jpg

Gecko, better idea: 6/30/06 Ocean Mist - E. Matunuck, RI my buddy is the bass player for Johnny A. They're in the UK right now touring with "Satch" http://www.johnnya.com/tourdates.htm this place rocks http://www.oceanmist.net/upcomingevents.html Jesse and I go way back( met him in high school, dated his sister, his parents are from Brasil) :biggthumphttp://www.jessebastos.com/ wicked cool guy

• 2 weeks later...

Next week Tuesday or Wednesday. Personally I'm of work so either the 3-6pm or the 6-9pm session will work but I'm guessing that most of y'all will want to skate the second session. I've got 2 larger popsicle boards that I can lend out I'll be riding my C39 :biggthump which I have just learned to rock transition spines on :eplus2:

12_1024.ts1140977179148.jpg