Note to New Members ×

anyone got a legacy copy of mac OS

bobdea

that you could copy for me, my bone headed neighbor tried installing OS X without updating his firmware on a old ass G3, OS X installs but won't run and he does not have his OS 9 discs

in single user mode there are some pretty comical messages that go by then it panics saying "we are hanging here"

or if someone is willing to seed a torrent and give me the link it sure would make my day

looking for OS 8.5 to 9.2.2

hopefully with the firmware update this thing should run fine

I have a copy that a friend made for me of OS 9.2.1. He showed me that you can download the image from Apple's website when you are a registered Apple tech. The MacOS X support depends on the age of the Mac. My "Old World" Mac G3 266 support up to 10.2 (haven't tried it) and my "New World" Mac G3 300 supports up to 10.3. In essence, Old World does not have onboard USB and New World does.

I have OS 7 through OS 9. Let me know what you want and I'll put disc images up fri night.

If your friend has a blue & white G3, OS X may not run on it no matter what, depending on how old it is. If it's a beige G3, it just isn't gonna happen without 3rd party hacks.

so it should be supported, I know that my imac from the same product cycle was

OS 9 should do it, with OS 9 installed I can at least update the firmware and run some hardware tests

after that should OS X not want to run for whatever reason it will get a copy of yellow dog, or if I have to keep OS 9 on it and and run it like that

this whole thing was based on that he saw the setup I have here and wanted to emulate it, basically using the old box with a couple of big hard drives to hold media files such as movies and have it connected to the other machines over wireless

yeah, put a image up and give me a link to it

thanks a bunch