Note to New Members ×

How many days untill winter

scotts.Scheinman

yesterday on cape cod was windy, chilly and sooper fun !

defintly looks chilly. I can't wait to begin. Unfortunatly its a long 2 weeks ahead. Last final for me is in two thursdays and all i know is that its going to be the thirstiest thursday ever for me.

Also, i really like the black shells with the red buckels. Looking mighty spiffy. Just got a $75 parking ticket :eek:

hold on, theres another hardboot on the way. Deeluxe will have a model equipped with metal buckles, not the cheap looking plastic ones. Nice improvement!

Hi, Pow

You can have it all here about the new Deeluxe boots. Was just some add on about the existing Suzuka's and Indy's overhere. So the existing Suzuka and Indy gets another liner, that's all. And the 'new' Track boots: Some existing molds from earlier times with another color and another liner and some better buckles. Just at your service :biggthump .

Deeluxe new models 2006-2007

Greets, Hans.

I was at kirkwood last week. It took us eight and a half hours to get there due to chain control and avalanche control. We didn't even make it that night and ended up staying at another place.
skipup, my bro was at Kirkweed 3 weeks ago and same deal getting there even with serious 4WD.sad news tho, my cousin chris, from truckee died in a really freak accident and my bro was out there for the funeral.I got the news while I was kiting in Hatteras.I could go into detail but let's just say my cousin had a HUGE influence on me at an early age~surfing skating and partying in so cal back in the late 70's. :( he was 43.http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20060329/NEWS/60329002/0/FRONTPAGE

skipup, my bro was at Kirkweed 3 weeks ago and same deal getting there even with serious 4WD.sad news tho, my cousin chris, from truckee died in a really freak accident and my bro was out there for the funeral.I got the news while I was kiting in Hatteras.I could go into detail but let's just say my cousin had a HUGE influence on me at an early age~surfing skating and partying in so cal back in the late 70's. :( he was 43.http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20060329/NEWS/60329002/0/FRONTPAGE

Dear god, that hits close to home.....Keep us posted about what they find caused this, if it's not too personal....

And, please, hold off on the Kirkwood gloating.....Sam and I really want to head over there some time when we're in Tahoe...we are always afraid of not being able to get out for the return trip to Helltown...wait a minute, is that a bad thing?

Willywhit,

Very sorry to hear about your cousin, my condolences. And that does sound suspicious.

Skatha,

I was at Kirkwood last Saturday but i'll be nice and refrain from gloating or posting pictures. :D

You should not let stories of snow storms and traffic jams keep you from going there to check it out, it's not always that bad. My route there is from Reno and that part of the drive is never that bad. There are so many better places to go than Heavenly, you really should check some out when your here.

Chicago is right on one of the great lakes (Lake Michigan?). I forgot that you aren't originaly from here so its ok.

LOL! wow i thought he was from Denver for some reason. Wow i'm retarded. I've been to chicago before, not denver though. :smashfrea

randy t , ever see randy s up there ? My cousin chris was an ironworker and was in kings beach and reno alot working. his wife, dora has a hair shop Truckee's Local Haircutting Co.Chris was a great husband and father but always had a wild side and wasn't scared of much. He turned me on to alot of backcountry in Tahoe.Just get out of the truck and ski off into the woods and hitch hike back.Last time I saw him he skiied up to me at Squaw , out of nowhere, and said ""call uncle joe, he's lookin' for ya " and skiied off into the woods.He was an original and we'll really miss him alot.He was a private pilot and loved to scare the crap out of me pulling negative g's. I think Cloud Dancer with David Carradine was his favorite movie. :ices_ange

Yeah i have seen Randy S a few times this yeah, we did some USASA races together and I went to a race clinin that he did and then got to do some free riding with him. He's a cool guy and I would have liked to ride with him more but we have season passes at different resorts. I also missed out on hooking up with him and several others after nationals because I got really sick that week.

Sounds like your cousin was one hell of a guy! I've always thought about doing back country riding but would only want to go with someone who was experienced with the area. But now that the Chutes are open at Mt. Rose I can get the same experience without the hike. 55 degree pitch after a big powder dump and it's heaven.

hope to see you guys at alpine meadows next season. Wild weekend on cape cod, chris would be proud of us. saturday was NE at Chapin Beach and sunday was a monster swell on the ocean side at Chatham Light.rockin' little bash sat night with all the pumped up aggro kite buds.no wives, no kids but lots of sailor jerry and harpoon ipa :biggthumphttp://www.flickr.com/photos/goldfish17/sets/72057594120256221/

post-123-141842217901_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842217903_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842217904_thumb.gif