Note to New Members ×

162 Kessler SL - Sold

Buell

I am selling a 162 Kessler SL built for a skilled 145 pound freecarver. This is a great board and incredibly versatile! SOLD.

The board has a softer flex than the stock 162 SL, but my previous board was essentially the same board and I sold that one to a 175 pound rider. It was not too soft for him. The weight range is probably 135 to 180 depending on how aggressive you ride. 19.5 waist.

Board is in excellent condition with maybe 20 days on it. Original Kessler World Cup base grind and full rails. Never raced. Edges are set to 3/1 and could have a stone or maybe a quick file passed over them (they are not shaving my finger nail).

There are marks from Gecko bumpers.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

This board is the same as the Custom 162 SL  I purchased from him a couple years ago.  I have ridden 4 different Kesslers and this model is my favorite.  It's softer flex is perfect for tight freecarving.  Edge hold is awesome and I can open up my turns at any time. Torsional stiffness and flex are ideal for me.  I would consider it for a backup, but my 162 is still in great condition.  

It was built for me at my peak carving ability and 145 pounds. It does exactly what I want but I ride pretty aggressively. At my weight and riding it is playful and agile but definitely not a cruiser. Until shown otherwise, I would tend to stick pretty close to the weight range of 135-180. Jim, who posted above is 180 pounds. Maybe 125-190 depending on the riders.

He could ride it eventually.😉 I don't know how it would work for him as I don't know what a 105 pound rider is looking for in a GS board. The K171 GS is easier to ride than this 162 SL for me. 

My experience with the stock K162 (perhaps comparable to your nephew on my 162) was that it rode surprisingly well for my weight until I wasn't over the edge. If I got off the edge a bit, it would kick my butt, usually by chattering out. Kesslers like good form but my 162 doesn't chatter out for me. It just sticks to the snow.

• Thanks 1

Someone is missing out. This is one of the two best carve boards I have ever owned (other was a SG 175 GS) and certainly the most versatile! I have had this design twice now because I had one built and sold it after a couple of years to Jim (who posted above) to buy a SG 157 SL. Once I realized how much versatility I was missing, along with missing the incredible ride of a Kessler, I had Hansjuerg build me a new one with no changes other than anything new he had learned. 

I put up new photos in the original post.

The only reason I am selling this board is that I have a health issue that makes it very difficult to hardboot. There is no way I would sell this board otherwise. For now I got a Kessler softboot carver. Kessler builds amazing boards!

I have owned a Kessler 168 and find this board to be more lively and agile. I sold the 168 when I got my first 162 because it is just as versatile. The 168 is a bit more of a cruiser but this one is more fun! 

Buell is great.  Buy with confidence.  I am eyeing this beauty myself as well but must resist.
Never had Kessler...

Typically:
D(irect)M(essage)/P(rivate)M(essage) the seller and you can work out the detail(payment, shipping cost, address and etc).

Paypal via family/friend save both side some $ and probably the path of least resistance.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CBM said:

Very interested.   How do we make this transaction happen? 

Click on my name and send me a PM or email me at buell at mosaic-gardens dot com.

Post here when you do that if you want to make sure I receive it.

Buell