Note to New Members ×

Help - heel broken

Gadwood74

Well @jng sold me his heel kit. He was ending his trip today at Sun Peaks. Probably the only other rider on hardboots on the mountain today. 2nd largest in Canada, just to mention! Luckily he was on stepins.

What a great man. I'll be able to ride for the next couple of days because of him. 

Incredible what this forum can do for our sport. Impossible to find spare parts anywhere . Thanks to Jim the Bomber man for the help.

Simon

Edited by Gadwood74
  • Like 4

Indeed I have been the only hardbooter for 4 days until Simon arrived. We had just met to ride and we made maybe a dozen turns together before his heel broke and he had to walk down. Too bad we couldn't ride together more, but happy to help a fellow rider.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gadwood74 said:

It was an F2 . I think I had only 3 screws (probably lost one). The head on one of the other screws broke - too much pression on it.

Then the plastic cover broke and lost some parts in the mechanism. 

So Lock Tite is important! 

image.jpg

Yikes! That looks like a near-miss. that crack down the inside of the base is pretty frightening looking.