Note to New Members ×

Oxess 163 BX (23cm)

Got the board used:  Description

Oxess Competition BX 163 Hybrid Custom XR Carbon race construction . Hybrid meaning the board has a narrower width of 23cm, and can be ridden with plate bindings. It also has a larger sidecut of 14.5m.. Its fast. 53cm stance width, 27.5cm wide nose, 25.3cm tail. Can handle 95kg rider +, for hardboots or softies.

Shred's review:

I am luving my Hybrid Oxess BX.. I had a 163 narrower to 23 wide and stiffer and its a dream.. If you get one , you would be very impressed the capability of this board.. Its sooooo much fun.. Mine has the full carbon top and really feels smooth as metal.. no tingy feel.. but with pop!

More info:

http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/29065-oxess-bx-hybrid-163-arrived/

This is the reason why I bought it:  Blueb's review on Kessler BX narrow

http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/26837-kessler-bx-168-narrow/

You know that feeling when you find you "soul mate"?

This board is kinda like that.  It did try to kill me couple of time but that's normal with all my board(bad driver input).

Got it right before ECES 2016

Day1:  Typical East Coast Hard pack.  Wasn't feeling it as I just came back from West Coast so I stay on a board that I am more familiar with it.

Ride it for the remainder of the week:  Variable condition is a great way to call it.

Day2:  Similar to day1.  Close down the lift with the Canadian!!  Fun group to ride with.

Day3:  Rain/wet/heavy snow.  Called it quit about 1pm.  Had lots of fun when it wasn't pouring.

Day4:  rain turn to snow and the day get colder  Close down the lift with Gabe/Paul K(well 3:30pm ish).  Thanks guys!! 

Day5:  2-3" of Freshie/man made on top of ice(temp drop over night).  Stopped at 1pm but not because I want stopped but I have to drive home :-(

Rode it with TD3SW std + track 700 boots.

The width didn't bother me.

I am not that good a rider so stay on pretty tame trail.

Everything in Blueb's review is spot on(this is single side cut?  it does take more concise efforts to finished one's turn but again that's probably user error).  It does everything well and got incredible edge hold.  Oxess magic!!

On Friday:  Heard the word "icy" quite a bit but didn't feel it.  I did saw the ice sheet but it didn't bother the board.

BTW I can now die a happy man since Coiler Bruce told me at the banquet that I have made great progress.  The secret is the board lol...

Thanks to Shred for the design and Kurt for selling it to me.

Now those Oxess BX at the classified is looking mighty tempting :-) 

I have always been a fan of BX shape as my first hard boot board is Madd 168BX with the carbon wing.

the idea is that if Kessler narrow BX board make for a good all mountain stick then Oxess should work well.

Both maker are no stranger to world cup podium. 

Turn out that it worked out well for me.  Plus Shred have come up with all sort of great design that this community seems to enjoy.

Been looking for a board that's quiver killer and this seems to fit the bill for me.

BTW it's not for sale.  I am going ride the $#@% out of it :-)

Edited by pow4ever

This is the reason why I bought it:  Blueb's review on Kessler BX narrow

http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/26837-kessler-bx-168-narrow/

I'm glad I unintentionally influenced you to find your dream board :)

Still got my Kessler. When I don't know what to bring to a road trip to Whistler, she goes.

Edited by BlueB