Note to New Members ×

2013 Riding at Whitetail

piusthedrcarve

Pretty flipping awesome today!

Clear skies, morning cord was fantastic, Snowpark held up until about noon before the temps made it slushy.

Met Joe on his Swoard, & Mick on his Arbor A-Frame, both were putting down nice turns today.

Should be really nice Thu/Fri once they get the new snow groomed...

Unfortunately scheduled to travel both days...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty flipping awesome today!

Clear skies, morning cord was fantastic, Snowpark held up until about noon before the temps made it slushy.

Met Joe on his Swoard, & Mick on his Arbor A-Frame, both were putting down nice turns today.

Should be really nice Thu/Fri once they get the new snow groomed...

Unfortunately scheduled to travel both days...

Glad you had a good day. I couldn't go today. But eill be there on Friday with se7en.

good on you grock5 - i missed a good one today, no doubt. my schedule and my body wouldn't cooperate. i've been trying to convert mick to hardboots for years and he always says he will but it hasn't happened yet. hope when i'm 60 i can still ride like mick

pius - i can't imagine i'll miss friday unless something unexpected arises. i hope to see you at least once this season.

pius - i can't imagine i'll miss friday unless something unexpected arises. i hope to see you at least once this season.

Dave,

I will be there tomorrow morning with se7en. I'll take my kid with me but will take him to ski school for 9-12.

And looking at forecast, tomorrow will be my last day of this season. :barf: My trip to NH may not be happening since my parents are coming town for the end of this month. Hope to see you tomorrow morning.

Dave,

I will be there tomorrow morning with se7en. I'll take my kid with me but will take him to ski school for 9-12.

And looking at forecast, tomorrow will be my last day of this season. :barf: My trip to NH may not be happening since my parents are coming town for the end of this month. Hope to see you tomorrow morning.

something unexpected did arise - i guess it was self fulfilling prophecy. i'll be sure not to post another comment like that in the future. so let me have it pius, was it a good surface today? how long did it hold up? i don't miss many days but it still hurts when i do.

so let me have it pius, was it a good surface today? how long did it hold up? i don't miss many days but it still hurts when i do.

Dave,

Not at all. Temp. was too warm overnight. I was able to make some turns around 9. Very soft and loose granular. But it was expected. I was hoping it to be hold since high wind can take humidity out but too warm.. Didn't last long. I was able to carve whole way down on Limelight little after 10. At 10:30, I find myself plowing most of the way. Tried the Farside..but same.

So decided to stay in SnowPark for rest. And I left little after Noon. For condition-wise, you did not miss much.

For fun part, Yes you missed a lot. grock5, se7en, and I ripped the SnowPark. Due to the soft condition, our trenches were deep and distinct. Only way to make nice arcs were to go even faster on that condition. So we were going faster run after run. Had to ride tail a lot but FUN.

and yes.. that was it for this season for me. Unless....

Goro, PM me with your email address.

Dave,

.......... too warm overnight. ................... loose granular....................... too warm.. plowing most of the way.

you did not miss much.

and yes.. that was it for this season for me. Unless....

.you've got me feeling better (with a little editing)

.don't put the boards away yet!!!! - some of the best days of my life have been spent doing laps all by myself on squirrel cage at wisp, in mid-to-late-march. epic, mini-lake tahoe days, for real. seriously pius, give it some thought. i have off the whole week beginning the 17th and no concrete plans. if the overnight temps are right, that's where i am going.

Edited by davekempmeister

Dave, I ended up pinch hitting for you yesterday, but we missed you out there!

I was scheduled to be in Boston, but cancelled the trip due to the snowstorm up there.

Pius & se7en, it was great riding with you yesterday!

Looks like yesterday was it in WT, so will see you next year!

Goro

PS: Pius, PMed my email address.

Pius & se7en, it was great riding with you yesterday!

Pius & Goro, (And Dave, we missed you!)

It's too awesome to describe rippin' the snow with fellow carvers side by side whether it's hero condition or chopped icycle.

Definitely look forward to next season, wish my legs to be ready for all day Madd 158 :D

• 3 weeks later...